One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
United States Environmental Protection Agency. An Introduction to Indoor Air Quality (IAQ). Carbon Monoxide (CO). http://www.epa.gov/iaq/co.html.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning: a new incidence for an old disease.Undersea Hyperb Med. 2007; 34: 163-168
- Carbon monoxide poisoning—a public health perspective.Toxicology. 2000; 145: 1-14
- A review of disaster-related carbon monoxide poisoning: surveillance, epidemiology, and opportunities for prevention.Am J Public Health. 2012;
- Hospital burden of unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning in the United States, 2007.Am J Emerg Med. 2012; 30: 657-664
- National vehicle emissions policies and practices and declining US carbon monoxide-related mortality.JAMA. 2002; 288: 988-995
- Unintentional carbon monoxide-related deaths in the United States, 1979 through 1988.JAMA. 1991; 266: 659-663
- Carbon monoxide—related deaths—United States, 1999-2004.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2007; 56: 1309-1312
- Storm-related carbon monoxide poisoning: lessons learned from recent epidemics.Undersea Hyperb Med. 2006; 33: 257-263
- Carbon monoxide exposures after Hurricane Ike - Texas, September 2008.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2009; 58: 845-849
- Injuries from the 2002 North Carolina ice storm, and strategies for prevention.Injury. 2005; 36: 21-26
- Epidemic carbon monoxide poisoning following a winter storm.J Emerg Med. 1997; 15: 469-473
- Deaths from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning and potential for prevention with carbon monoxide detectors.JAMA. 1998; 279: 685-687
- Residential carbon monoxide alarm prevalence and ordinance awareness.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2012; 18: 272-278
- Mortality all-county microdata.in: Vital statistics. 1999-2008 ([editor])
- Age adjustment using the 2000 projected U.S. population.Healthy People 2012 Stat Notes. 2001; : 1-10
- Estimates of the resident population of the United States, by county, single-year of age (0, 1, 2, …, 85 years and over), bridged race, Hispanic origin, and sex. Prepared under a collaborative arrangement with the U.S. Census Bureau.[Last accessed February 15, 2013])
- Confidence intervals for directly standardized rates: a method based on the gamma distribution.Stat Med. 1997; 16: 791-801
- Housing Units—Characteristics by Tenure and Region: 2009.[Last accessed May 21, 2013])
- Risk and protective factors for fires, burns, and carbon monoxide poisoning in U.S. households.Am J Prev Med. 2005; 28: 102-108
- Carbon monoxide poisoning.Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2004; 22: 985-1018
- Carbon monoxide poisoning. Early awareness and intervention can save lives.Postgrad Med. 1999; 105 ([3-8, 50]): 39-40
- Carbon monoxide exposures—United States, 2000-2009.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 1014-1017
- Recipients of hyperbaric oxygen treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning and exposure circumstances.Am J Emerg Med. 2012; 30: 846-851
- Nonfatal, unintentional, non–fire-related carbon monoxide exposures--United States, 2004-2006.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2008; 57: 896-899
- NOAA Reviews Record-Setting 2005 Atlantic Hurricane Season.[Last accessed May 20, 2013])
- Carbon monoxide poisoning after an ice storm in Kentucky, 2009.Public Health Rep. 2011; 126: 108-115
- Use of carbon monoxide alarms to prevent poisonings during a power outage--North Carolina, December 2002.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2004; 53: 189-192
- Deaths resulting from residential fires and the prevalence of smoke alarms—United States, 1991-1995.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1998; 47: 803-806
- Suicide by gases in England and Wales 2001-2011: Evidence of the emergence of new methods of suicide.J Affect Disord. 2014; 170C: 190-195
- Metabolic modulation of carbon monoxide toxicity.Toxicology. 2002; 180: 139-150
- Carbon monoxide…the silent killer with an audible solution.Am J Emerg Med. 1996; 14: 484-486
- Fatal unintentional injuries in the home in the U.S., 2000–2008.Am J Prev Med. 2013; 44: 239-246
☆Presentation of this material: Council of State and Territorial Epidemiology, June 2014.
☆☆Disclaimer: The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.