One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Cerebrovascular and systemic hemodynamic response to carbon dioxide in humans.Blood Press Monit. 2014; 19: 81-89
- Regulation of cerebral autoregulation by carbon dioxide.Anesthesiology. 2015; 122 ([E-publication ahead of print]): 00-00
- Cerebral vasoconstriction in vasovagal syncope: any link with symptoms? A transcranial Doppler study.Circulation. 2001; 104: 2694-2698
- Hyperventilation in head injury: a review.Chest. 2005; 127: 1812-1827
- Hyperventilation in pediatric resuscitation: performance in simulated pediatric medical emergencies.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: e1195-e1200
- Cerebral oxygen saturation monitoring in pediatric altered mental status patients.Am J Emerg Med. 2014; 32: 356-362
- Cerebral oximetry with cerebral blood volume index in detecting pediatric stroke in a pediatric ED.Amer J Emerg Med. 2015; 33: 1622-1629
- New technologies in emergency medical services for children.Clin Pediatr Emerg Med. 2014; 15: 67-78
- Innovative application of cerebral rSO2 monitoring during shunt tap in pediatric ventricular malfunctioning shunts.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2014; 00 ([E-publication ahead of print): 00-00
- Cerebral oximetry with blood volume index in asystolic pediatric cerebrospinal fluid malfunctioning shunt patients.Am J Emerg Med. 2014; 32 ([e1–1439.e7]): 1439
- Cerebral regional oxygen saturation monitoring in pediatric malfunctioning shunt patients.Am J Emerg Med. 2013; 31: 365-374
- Near-infrared spectroscopy in the critical setting.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2011; 27: 432-442
- Near infrared spectroscopy as a hemodynamic monitor in critical illness.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2011; 12: S27-S32
- Near-infrared spectroscopy as an index of brain and tissue oxygenation.Br J Anaesth. 2009; 103: i3-i13
- Brain tissue oxygenation in children diagnosed with brain death.Neurocrit Care. 2010; 12: 56-61
- Regional low-flow perfusion provides comparable blood flow and oxygenation to both cerebral hemispheres during neonatal aortic arch reconstruction.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2003; 126: 1712-1717
- Monitoring tissue oxygenation by near infrared spectroscopy (NIRS): background and current applications.J Clin Monit Comput. 2012; 26: 279-287
- Tissue oxygen index: threshold for cerebral ischemia using near infrared spectroscopy.Stroke. 2006; 37: 2720-2725
- An update on cerebral oxygenation monitoring, an innovative application in cardiac arrest and neurological emergencies, annual update in intensive care and emergency medicine.Springer Publication, 2015: 273-288
☆Work previously presented at the 22nd Pediatric Critical Care Colloquium; poster session; September 11-13, 2015; Little Rock, AR.
☆☆Grants/funding: none obtained for this study.
★Conflicts of interest: The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
★★Author contributions: TAB and TJA conceived the study, designed the trial, ensured data collection, and drafted figures/tables and manuscript. TJA, GWA, JWO, EAS, NWHP, TMT, and EO assisted with conduction of the study and data collection. ZH and TN provided statistical planning/design and data analysis. All authors contributed significantly to manuscript revision and editing.