One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Addressing the opioid epidemic.JAMA. 2015; 314: 1453-1454
- Association of emergency department opioid initiation with recurrent opioid use.Ann. Emerg. Med. 2015; 65 (May. e494): 493-499
- Increases in drug and opioid-involved overdose deaths - United States, 2010–2015.MMWR Morb. Mortal. Wkly Rep. 2016;Dec 30; 65: 1445-1452
- Characteristics of initial prescription episodes and likelihood of long-term opioid use - United States, 2006–2015.MMWR Morb. Mortal. Wkly Rep. 2017;Mar 17; 66: 265-269
- Opioid prescribing by emergency physicians and risk of long-term use.N. Engl. J. Med. 2017;Feb 16; 376: 663-673
- New persistent opioid use after minor and major surgical procedures in US adults.JAMA Surg. 2017;Jun 21; 152 (e170504)
- Effect of abuse-deterrent formulation of OxyContin.N. Engl. J. Med. 2012; 367: 187-189
- A review: Fentanyl and non-pharmaceutical fentanyls.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2017;Feb 1; 171: 107-116
- Fentanyl law enforcement submissions and increases in synthetic opioid-involved overdose deaths - 27 states, 2013–2014.MMWR Morb. Mortal. Wkly Rep. 2016;Aug 26; 65: 837-843
- Acetyl fentanyl, a novel fentanyl analog, causes 14 overdose deaths in Rhode Island, March-May 2013.J Med Toxicol. 2015; 11: 208-217
- Butyrfentanyl overdose resulting in diffuse alveolar hemorrhage.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: e740-743
- Misuse of novel synthetic opioids: a deadly new trend.J. Addict. Med. 2017;
- Unexpected “gas” casualties in Moscow: a medical toxicology perspective.Ann. Emerg. Med. 2003; 41: 700-705
- China White epidemic: an eastern United States emergency department experience.Ann. Emerg. Med. 1991;Feb; 20: 158-164
- DEA Officer Safety Alert: FENTANYL A Real Threat to Law Enforcement.https://www.dea.gov/video_clips/Fentanyl(Roll Call Video.mp4)Date: 2016
- Handbook of Wildlife Chemical Immobilization.4th ed. 2012 (Printed in China: Self-published)
- Carfentanil--an ultra potent opioid.Am. J. Emerg. Med. 2010; 28: 530-532
- Human exposures to immobilising agents: results of an online survey.Vet. Rec. 2010; 167: 327-332
- Analysis of clothing and urine from Moscow theatre siege casualties reveals carfentanil and remifentanil use.J. Anal. Toxicol. 2012; 36: 647-656
- Who said the opioid crisis couldn't get any worse?.Emergency Medicine News. 2016; 38: 1-29
- Use of naloxone to reverse carfentanil citrate-induced hypoxemia and cardiopulmonary depression in Rocky Mountain wapiti (Cervus elaphus nelsoni).J Zoo Wildl Med. 2001; 32: 81-89
- Fatal fentanyl: one pill can kill.Acad. Emerg. Med. 2017; 24: 106-113
- Naloxone displacement at opioid receptor sites measured in vivo in the human brain.Eur. J. Pharmacol. 2003; 459: 217-219
- Experts weigh minimum naloxone dose as opioid crisis evolves.Am. J. Health Syst. Pharm. 2016; 73: 1893-1894
- Recreational use of carfentanil - a case report with laboratory confirmation.Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2017; ([Epub ahead of print]): 1-2
- Management of opioid analgesic overdose.N. Engl. J. Med. 2012;Jul 12; 367: 146-155
- The evolution of recommended naloxone dosing for opioid overdose by medical specialty.J Med Toxicol. 2016;Sep; 12: 276-281
- Do heroin overdose patients require observation after receiving naloxone?.Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2017; 55: 81-87
- It's not just heroin anymore.Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2017;Jul; 55: 608
- Is admission after intravenous heroin overdose necessary?.Ann. Emerg. Med. 1992;Nov; 21: 1326-1330
- Out-of-hospital treatment of opioid overdoses in an urban setting.Acad. Emerg. Med. 1996;Jul; 3: 660-667
- Opioid toxicity recurrence after an initial response to naloxone.J. Toxicol. Clin. Toxicol. 1998; 36: 11-17
- Early discharge of patients with presumed opioid overdose: development of a clinical prediction rule.Acad. Emerg. Med. 2000;Oct; 7: 1110-1118
- In response to: do heroin overdose patients require observation after receiving naloxone?.Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2017;Apr; 55: 308
- The new face of heroin.Am. J. Emerg. Med. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2017.06.042
- State laws on emergency holds for mental health stabilization.Psychiatr. Serv. 2016;May 1; 67: 529-535
Wis. State. § 51.15 (2017).
- ‘I was in total shock’: Ohio police officer accidentally overdoses after traffic stop.The Washington Post. May 16, 2017;
ACMT and AACT Position Statement: Preventing Occupational Fentanyl and Fentanyl Analog Exposure to Emergency Responders. 2017; http://www.acmt.net/_Library/Fentanyl_Position/Fentanyl_PPE_Emergency_Responders_.pdf.
☆Sources of support: none.
☆Prior presentations: none.