Materials and methods
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- State of Telehealth. Campion EW, ed.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 154-161https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMra1601705
- Teladoc.Inc. Annual Report, Purchase, NY2016
- https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-115hr1892enr/html/BILLS-115hr1892enr.htmDate accessed: April 28, 2018
- Analysis of Teladoc use seems to indicate expanded access to care for patients without prior connection to a provider.Health Aff (Millwood). 2014; 33: 258-264https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2013.0989
- Urban telemedicine enables equity in access to acute illness care.Telemed. 2017; 23: 105-112https://doi.org/10.1089/tmj.2016.0098
Bryant M. Telehealth Vendors Getting Value Out of Partnerships. HealthcareDive.com. http://www.healthcaredive.com/news/payers-telehealth-vendors-getting-value-out-of-partnerships/421463/. Published June 23, 2016.
- HealthPartners' online clinic for simple conditions delivers savings of $88 per episode and high patient approval.Health Aff (Millwood). 2013; 32: 385-392https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2012.1157
- Cost-utility and cost-effectiveness studies of telemedicine, electronic, and mobile health systems in the literature: a systematic review.Telemed e-Health. 2015; 21: 81-85https://doi.org/10.1089/tmj.2014.0053
- Direct-to-consumer telehealth may increase access to care but does not decrease spending.Health Aff (Millwood). 2017; 36: 485-491https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2016.1130
- Virtual visits for acute, nonurgent care: a claims analysis of episode-level utilization.J Med Internet Res. 2017; 19https://doi.org/10.2196/jmir.6783
- Where Are Your Employee's[sic] receiving care?.
- Employer Best Practices in Telehealth.MA, Boston2015
- Telehealth framework to support measure development.http://www.qualityforum.org/Telehealth_2016-2017.aspxDate: 2016–2017Date accessed: July 7, 2018