One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Prediction of pulmonary embolism extent by clinical findings, d-dimer level and deep vein thrombosis shown by ultrasound.Thromb Haemost. 2001; 86: 1156-1160
- Heparin plus alteplase compared with heparin alone in patients with submassive pulmonary embolism.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 1143-1150
- Echocardiography Doppler in pulmonary embolism: right ventricular dysfunction as a predictor of mortality rate.Am Heart J. 1997; 134: 479-487
- Pulsed Doppler tissue imaging of the velocity of tricuspid annular systolic motion; a new, rapid, and non-invasive method of evaluating right ventricular systolic function.Eur Heart J. 2001; 22: 340-348
- Assessment of right ventricular function with Doppler echocardiographic indices derived from tricuspid annular motion: Comparison with radionuclide angiography.Heart. 2002; 88: 244-248
- Comparison of novel echocardiographic parameters of right ventricular function with ejection fraction by cardiac magnetic resonance.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2007; 20: 1058-1064
- Pulmonary embolism and right heart function: insights from myocardial Doppler tissue imaging.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2006; 19: 822-828
Nageh MF, Kopelen HA, Zoghbi WA, et al. Estimation of mean right atrial pressure using tissue Doppler imaging. The American journal of cardiology. 1999;84(12):1448-1451, A1448.
- Simplification of the pulmonary embolism severity index for prognostication in patients with acute symptomatic pulmonary embolism.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 1383-1389
- A strategy combining imaging and laboratory biomarkers in comparison with a simplified clinical score for risk stratification of patients with acute pulmonary embolism.Chest. 2012; 141: 916-922
- The simplified pulmonary embolism severity index (PESI): validation of a clinical prognostic model for pulmonary embolism.J Thromb Haemost. 2011; 9: 2115-2117
- Recommendations for quantitation of the left ventricle by two-dimensional echocardiography. American society of echocardiography committee on standards, subcommittee on quantitation of two-dimensional echocardiograms.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 1989; 2: 358-367
Oh J SJ, Tajik A. Assessement of systolic function and quantification of cardiac chambers. In: The echo manual. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Williams; 2007;110-111.
- Tricuspid annular motion.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 1991; 4: 131-139
- A simple method for noninvasive estimation of pulmonary vascular resistance.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003; 41: 1021-1027
- Continuous wave Doppler determination of right ventricular pressure: a simultaneous Doppler-catheterization study in 127 patients.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1985; 6: 750-756
- Right ventricular function in patients with pulmonary embolism: early and late findings using Doppler tissue imaging.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2010; 23: 531-537
- Prognostic value of d-dimer in patients with pulmonary embolism.Thromb Haemost. 2006; 96: 478-482
- Different accuracies of rapid enzyme-linked immunosorbent, turbidimetric, and agglutination d-dimer assays for thrombosis exclusion: impact on diagnostic work-ups of outpatients with suspected deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.Semin Thromb Hemost. 2006; 32: 678-693
- d-Dimer levels correlate with mortality in patients with acute pulmonary embolism: findings from the riete registry.Crit Care Med. 2007; 35: 1937-1941
- d-Dimer levels and 15-day outcome in acute pulmonary embolism. Findings from the riete registry.J Thromb Haemost. 2009; 7: 1795-1801
- Elevated levels of soluble fibrin or d-dimer indicate high risk of thrombosis.J Thromb Haemost. 2006; 4: 1253-1258
- The diagnostic yield of d-dimer in relation to time from symptom onset in patients evaluated for venous thromboembolism in the emergency medicine department.J Thromb Thrmbolysis. 2011; 311: 1-5
- Risk stratification of patients with pulmonary embolism based on pulse rate and d-dimer concentration.Thromb Haemost. 2009; 102: 683-687
- High d-dimer level is associated with increased 15-d and 3 months mortality through a more central localization of pulmonary emboli and serious comorbidity.Br J Haematol. 2008; 140: 218-222
- Contraction and relaxation velocities of the normal left ventricle using pulsed-wave tissue Doppler echocardiography.Am J Cardiol. 1998; 81: 609-614
- Doppler tissue imaging: a noninvasive technique for evaluation of left ventricular relaxation and estimation of filling pressures.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1997; 30: 1527-1533
- Assessment of mitral annulus velocity by Doppler tissue imaging in the evaluation of left ventricular diastolic function.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1997; 30: 474-480
- Embolus location affects the sensitivity of a rapid quantitative d-dimer assay in the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2002; 165: 345-348
- d-Dimer level is associated with the extent of pulmonary embolism.Thromb Res. 2007; 120: 281-288
- Are clinical parameters and biomarkers predictive of severity of acute pulmonary emboli on ctpa?.QJM. 2010; 103: 91-97
- Guidelines for the echocardiographic assessment of the right heart in adults: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography endorsed by the European Association of Echocardiography, a registered branch of the European Society of Cardiology, and the Canadian Society of Echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2010; 23: 685-713
☆This study was supported partly by the Swedish Heart Lung Foundation, the Swedish Research Council, and the Stockholm County Council, Stockholm, Sweden.