One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
National Board of Health. Work Environment and Adverse Events in the Hospital Services [Danish]. 2009. Copenhagen.
Agency for healthcare research and Quality. The effect of health care working conditions on patient safety. Evidence report no 74. 2003. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Work stress and burnout among nurses: role of the work environment and working conditions.in: Hughes R.G. Patient safety and quality: an evidence-based handbook for nurses. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US), Rockville (Md)2008 (Chapter 26. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK2668/)
- Workplace stress in nursing: a literature review.J Adv Nurs. 2003; 44: 633-642
- Work-related stress and intention to quit in newly graduated nurses.Nurse Education Today. 2012; 32: 669-674
- Patient safety and job-related stress: a focus group study.Intensive Crit Care Nurs. 2008; 24: 90-97
- Doctors' perceptions of the links between stress and lowered clinical care.Soc Sci Med. 1997; 44: 1017-1022
- The impact of stress on surgical performance: a systematic review of the literature.Surgery. 2010; 147: 318-330
Harvey A, Bandiera G, Nathens AB, LeBlanc VR. Impact of stress on resident performance in simulated trauma scenarios. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2012; Publish Ahead of Print.
Flowerdew L, Brown R, Russ S, Vincent C, Woloshynowych M. Teams under pressure in the emergency department: an interview study. Emergency Medicine Journal 2011.
- Factors affecting stress in emergency medicine residents while working in the ED.Am J Emerg Med. 2010; 28: 897-902
National Center for Patient Safety. Glossary of Patient Safety Terms. Safety Assessment Code(SAC). 2012. http://www.patientsafety.gov/glossary.html#sac. 7-9-2012.
- Emergency department workplace interruptions are emergency physicians “interrupt-driven” and “multitasking”?.Acad Emerg Med. 2000; 7: 1239-1243
- Communication patterns in a UK emergency department.Ann Emerg Med. 2007; 50: 407-413
- Common method biases in behavioral research: a critical review of the literature and recommended remedies.J Appl Psychol. 2003; 88: 879-903
☆The project was funded by Trygfonden (grant no. 7-10-0949 ).