One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Incidence and short-term prognosis of transient ischemic attack in a population-based study.Stroke. 2005; 36: 720-723
- Prevalence and knowledge of transient ischemic attack among US adults.Neurology. 2003; 60: 1429-1434
- National study on emergency department visits for transient ischemic attack, 1992-2001.Acad Emerg Med. 2006; 13: 666-672
- Very early risk of stroke after a first transient ischemic attack.Stroke. 2003; 34: e138-e140
- Management and outcomes of transient ischemic attacks in Ontario.CMAJ. 2004; 170: 1099-1104
- Early risk of stroke after a transient ischemic attack in patients with internal carotid artery disease.CMAJ. 2004; 170: 1105-1109
- Short-term prognosis after emergency department diagnosis of TIA.JAMA. 2000; 284: 2901-2906
- Effect of urgent treatment of transient ischaemic attack and minor stroke on early recurrent stroke (EXPRESS study): a prospective population-based sequential comparison.Lancet. 2007; 370: 1432-1442
- Effect of urgent treatment for transient ischaemic attack and minor stroke on disability and hospital costs (EXPRESS study): a prospective population-based sequential comparison.Lancet Neurol. 2009; 8: 235-243
- Short-term prognosis of stroke among patients diagnosed in the emergency department with a transient ischemic attack.Ann Emerg Med. 2008; 51: 316-323
- The high risk of stroke immediately after transient ischemic attack: a population-based study.Neurology. 2004; 62: 2015-2020
- A simple score (ABCD) to identify individuals at high early risk of stroke after transient ischaemic attack.Lancet. 2005; 366: 29-36
- Validation and refinement of scores to predict very early stroke risk after transient ischaemic attack.Lancet. 2007; 369: 283-292
- The ASPIRE approach for TIA risk stratification.Can J Neurol Sci. 2011; 38: 78-81
- Post-transient ischemic attack early stroke stratification: the ABCD(2) prognostic aid.J Emerg Med. 2009; 36 ([discussion 8–200]): 194-198
- Addendum to the supplement to the guidelines for the management of transient ischemic attacks.Stroke. 2000; 31: 1001
- AHA Scientific Statement. Supplement to the guidelines for the management of transient ischemic attacks: a statement from the Ad Hoc Committee on Guidelines for the Management of Transient Ischemic Attacks, Stroke Council, American Heart Association.Stroke. 1999; 30: 2502-2511
- Practice guidelines for the use of imaging in transient ischemic attacks and acute stroke. A report of the Stroke Council, American Heart Association.Stroke. 1997; 28: 1480-1497
- Prospective validation of the ABCD2 score for patients in the emergency department with transient ischemic attack.CMAJ. 2011; 183: 1137-1145
- Clinical prediction rules to stratify short-term risk of stroke among patients diagnosed in the emergency department with a transient ischemic attack.Ann Emerg Med. 2009; 53: 662-673
- Adherence to practice guidelines for transient ischemic attacks in an emergency department.Can J Neurol Sci. 2002; 29: 358-363
- Practice variability in management of transient ischemic attacks.Eur Neurol. 1999; 42: 105-108
- Prescription of antithrombotic therapy in older patients hospitalized for transient ischemic attack and ischemic stroke: the GIFA study.Stroke. 2004; 35: 913-917
- New transient ischemic attack and stroke: outpatient management by primary care physicians.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 2941-2946
- Outcomes of patients with transient ischaemic attack after hospital admission or discharge from the emergency department.Med J Aust. 2008; 189: 9-12
National Vital Statistics Report. (Accessed at http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr49/nvsr49_02.pdf.).
- Transient cerebral ischemic attacks in a community. Rochester, Minnesota, 1955 through 1969.Mayo Clin Proc. 1973; 48: 194-198
- Preventing strokes: the assessment and management of people with transient ischaemic attack.N Z Med J. 2009; 122: 3556
- A transient ischaemic attack clinic with round-the-clock access (SOS-TIA): feasibility and effects.Lancet Neurol. 2007; 6: 953-960
- Unintentional fall injuries among US children: a study based on the National Emergency Department Sample.Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot. 2012;
- Firearm related injuries amongst children: estimates from the nationwide emergency department sample.Injury. 2011;
- Motor vehicle collision-related emergency department visits by older adults in the United States.Acad Emerg Med. 2012; 19: 821-827
- Knowledge and management of transient ischemic attacks among US primary care physicians.Neurology. 2003; 61: 1455-1456
☆All authors have read and approved submission of the manuscript.
☆☆The material in the manuscript has not been published and is not being considered for publication elsewhere in whole or in part in any language except as an abstract.
★Dr Qureshi has received funding from the National Institutes of Health RO1-NS44976-01A2 (medication provided by ESP Parma), American Heart Association Established Investigator Award 0840053N, National Institutes of Health U01-NS062091-01A2.
★★Contribution of authors: All authors have equally assisted in the synthesis and discussion of ideas, interpretation of data, and endovascular procedures. The majority of research, data collection, and writing of the manuscript were performed by these authors. Each person shared equal responsibility for the information written in the manuscript above.