One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Management of acute lateral ankle ligament injury in the athlete.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2012;
- Treatment for partial tears of the lateral ligament of the ankle: a prospective trial.Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 1981; 282: 606-607
- Comparison of Ottawa ankle rules and current local guidelines for use of radiography in acute ankle injuries.J R Coll Surg Edinb. 1998; 43: 341-343
- Validation of the Ottawa ankle rules in France: a study in the surgical emergency department of a teaching hospital.Ann Emerg Med. 1998; 32: 14-18
- Guidelines for selective radiological assessment of inversion ankle injuries.Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 1986; 293: 603-605
- Accuracy of Ottawa ankle rules to exclude fractures of the ankle and mid-foot: systematic review.BMJ. 2003; 326: 417
- Awareness and use of the Ottawa ankle and knee rules in 5 countries: can publication alone be enough to change practice?.Ann Emerg Med. 2001; 37: 259-266
Beumer A, van Hemert WL, Niesing R, et al. Radiographic measurement of the distal tibiofibular syndesmosis has limited use. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2004:227–34.
P Barbosa KK, F Bonnaire AO foundation online Surgery reference. In: Colton C, ed.: AO foundation; 2006.
Sman AD, Hiller CE, Refshauge KM. Diagnostic accuracy of clinical tests for diagnosis of ankle syndesmosis injury: a systematic review. Br J Sports Med 2012.
- Ultrasound-guided procedures in the emergency department—diagnostic and therapeutic asset.Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2013; 31: 117-149
- Prehospital ultrasound by paramedics: results of field trial.Acad Emerg Med. 2010; 17: 624-630
- Ultrasound in trauma.Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol. 2009; 23: 343-362
- Imaging of orbital trauma.Radiographics. 2008; 28: 1729-1739
- Goal-directed ultrasound in the detection of long-bone fractures.J Trauma. 2004; 57: 329-332
- The sonographic Ottawa Foot and Ankle Rules study (the SOFAR study).Emerg Med J. 2011; 28: 838-840
- Acquisition and interpretation of focused diagnostic ultrasound images by ultrasound-naive advanced paramedics: trialling a PHUS education programme.Emerg Med J. 2012; 29: 322-326
- White paper report of the RAD-AID Conference on International Radiology for Developing Countries: identifying challenges, opportunities, and strategies for imaging services in the developing world.J Am Coll Radiol. 2010; 7: 495-500
- World Health Organization. Manual of diagnostic ultrasound. 2nd ed.World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2011
☆An M-Turbo Sonosite Ultrasound system and a linear 15-MHz probe was provided by a Secma/Sonosite representative for a 1-year loan free was charge for the purpose of this study. No other cooperation or exchange has taken place with this or any other company.