One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- A clinical study of hypertensive cardiovascular disease.Arch Intern Med. 1913; 12: 755-798
- The international classification of headache disorders, 3rd edition (beta version).Cephalalgia. 2013; 33: 629-808
- Behavior of ambulatory blood pressure surrounding episodes of headache in mildly hypertensive patients.Arch Intern Med. 2001; 161: 252-255
- Headache in patients with mild to moderate hypertension is generally not associated with simultaneous blood pressure elevation.J Hypertens. 2000; 18: 437-444
- Randomized trial of IV dexamethasone for acute migraine in the emergency department.Neurology. 2007; 69: 2038-2044
- Metoclopramide for acute migraine: a dose-finding randomized clinical trial.Ann Emerg Med. 2011; 57: 475-482 e1
- Randomized trial of IV valproate vs metoclopramide vs ketorolac for acute migraine.Neurology. 2014; 82: 976-983
- The Sinus, Allergy and Migraine Study (SAMS).Headache. 2007; 47: 213-224
- Annals of Emergency Medicine Journal Club. Observational health services studies using nationwide administrative data sets: understanding strengths and limitations of the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: answers to the May 2013 Journal Club questions.Ann Emerg Med. 2013; 62: 425-430
- Emergency department hypertension and regression to the mean.Ann Emerg Med. 1998; 31: 214-218
- Course of untreated high blood pressure in the emergency department.West J Emerg Med. 2011; 12: 421-425
- Headache and facial pain.in: Tintinalli J.E. Strapcyznski J.S. Cline D.M. Ma O.J. Cydulka R.K. Meckler G.D. Tintinalli's emergency medicine: a comprehensive study guide. 7th ed. McGraw Hill, New York2011
- Increased blood pressure in the emergency department: pain, anxiety, or undiagnosed hypertension?.Ann Emerg Med. 2008; 51: 221-229
- The minimum clinically important difference in physician-assigned visual analog pain scores.Acad Emerg Med. 1996; 3: 142-146
- Headaches and the treatment of blood pressure: results from a meta-analysis of 94 randomized placebo-controlled trials with 24,000 participants.Circulation. 2005; 112: 2301-2306
- Hypertension-associated hypalgesia. Evidence in experimental animals and humans, pathophysiological mechanisms, and potential clinical consequences.Hypertension. 1996; 28: 494-504
☆Meetings at which this work has been presented: Society for Academic Emergency Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, May 2013.
☆☆Grant support: None.
★Conflicts of interest: None.
★★Author contributions: BWF conceived and designed the study. BM, JRW, and AW abstracted data and reviewed the literature. BWF analyzed the data. BWF drafted the manuscript, and all authors contributed substantially to its revision. BWF takes responsibility for the article as a whole.