One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Association of race/ethnicity with emergency department wait times.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: e310-e315
- Racial disparities in emergency department length of stay for admitted patients in the United States.Acad Emerg Med. 2009; 16: 403-410
- Trends and characteristics of US emergency department visits, 1997-2007.JAMA. 2010; 304: 664-670
- Waits to see an emergency department physician: U.S. trends and predictors, 1997-2004. Overcrowding by patients unable to obtain nonurgent care elsewhere might be worsening care for those with truly urgent conditions.Health Aff. 2008; 27: w84-w95
- Effect of emergency department crowding on outcomes of admitted patients.Ann Emerg Med. 2013; 61: 605-611
- The effect of emergency department crowding on clinically oriented outcomes.Acad Emerg Med. 2009; 16: 1-10
- Care in the emergency department: how crowded is overcrowded?.Acad Emerg Med. 2004; 11: 1097-1101
- Measures of crowding in the emergency department: a systematic review.Acad Emerg Med. 2011; 18: 527-538
- Increasing wait times predict increasing mortality for emergency medical admissions.Eur J Emerg Med. 2011; 18: 192-196
- US emergency department performance on wait time and length of visit.Ann Emerg Med. 2010; 55: 133-141
- Variation in emergency department wait times for children by race/ethnicity and payment source.Health Serv Res. 2009; 44: 2022-2039
- Emergency department volume and racial and ethnic differences in waiting times in the United States.Med Care. 2012; 50: 335-341
- Disparities in emergency department wait times for acute gastrointestinal illnesses: results from the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey, 1997-2006.Am J Gastroenterol. 2009; 104: 1668-1673
- Sample Text for Describing NHAMCS in a Research Article. Ambulatory Health Care Data.(Available at:)[Accessed Date (3/31/2015)])
- 2008 NHAMCS micro-data file documentation. Ambulatory Health Care Data.(Available at:)[Accessed Date (3/31/2015)])
- Understanding and Interpreting the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey (NHAMCS): key questions and answers. Ambulatory Health Care Data.(Available at:)[Accessed Date (3/31/2015)])
- Access to Health Services. Healthy People 2020.(Available at:)[Accessed Date (3/31/2015)])
- Emergency department overcrowding in the United States: an emerging threat to patient safety and public health.Emerg Med J. 2003; 20: 402-405
- Percentage of US emergency department patients seen within the recommended triage time: 1997 to 2006.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 169: 1857-1865
- Racial disparity in emergency department triage.J Emerg Med. 2013; 44: 511-518
☆Prior presentations: None.
☆☆Funding sources/disclosures: There are no conflicts of interest or financial disclosures to report.