One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Solutions to emergency department ‘boarding' and crowding are underused and may need to be legislated.Health Aff. 2012; 31: 1757-1766
- ED crowding and the use of nontraditional beds.Am J Emerg Med. 2012; 30: 1474-1480
- The growing role of emergency departments in hospital admissions.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 391-393
- ED crowding is associated with variable perceptions of care compromise.Acad Emerg Med. 2007; 14: 1176-1181
- Environmental factors and their association with emergency department hand hygiene compliance: an observational study.BMJ Qual Saf. 2015; ([bmjqs-2015])
- Effective physician-patient communication and health outcomes: a review.CMAJ. 1995; 152: 1423-1433
- Interpersonal processes of care survey: patient-reported measures for diverse groups.Health Serv Res. 2007; 42: 1235-1256
- Respectfulness from the patient perspective: comparison of primary healthcare evaluation instruments.Healthc Policy. 2011; 7: 167-179
- Interpersonal communication from the patient perspective: comparison of primary healthcare evaluation instruments.Healthc Policy. 2011; 7: 108
- Dimensions of patient-provider communication and diabetes self-care in an ethnically diverse population.J Gen Int Med. 2003; 18: 624-633
- A validated prediction model for all forms of acute coronary syndrome: estimating the risk of 6-month postdischarge death in an international registry.JAMA. 2004; 291: 2727-2733
- Validation of a combined comorbidity index.J Clin Epidemiol. 1994; 47: 1245-1251
- The association of emergency department crowding during treatment for acute coronary syndrome with subsequent posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms.JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173: 472-475
- The effect of emergency department crowding on patient satisfaction for admitted patients.Acad Emerg Med. 2008; 15: 825-831
☆Grant: This work was supported by grants HL117832 , HL123368 , and HL128310 from the National Institutes of Health/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute .
☆☆Meetings: To be presented at the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, May 22, 2016 (accepted for oral presentation).