One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- The prevalence of hepatitis C virus infection in the United States, 1999 through 2002.Ann Intern Med. 2006; 144: 705-714
- Awareness of infection, knowledge of hepatitis C, and medical follow-up among individuals testing positive for hepatitis C: National Health and Nutrition examination survey 2001–2008.Hepatology. 2012; 55: 1652-1661
- Screening for hepatitis c virus infection in adults: U.S. Preventative Services Task Force recommendation statement.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 159: 349-357
- The increasing burden of mortality from viral hepatitis in the United States between 1999 and 2007.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 156: 271-278
- Increases in hepatitis C virus infection related to injection drug use among persons aged ≤ 30 years—Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, 2006–2012.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 64: 453-458
- Confronting the emerging epidemic of HCV Infection among young injection drug users.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: 816-821
- Emergency department utilization among a cohort of HIV-positive injecting drug users in a Canadian setting.J Emerg Med. 2012; 43: 236-243
- Hospital utilization and costs in a cohort of injection drug users.Can Med Assoc J. 2001; 165: 415-420
- Hospitalizations for metabolic conditions, opportunistic infections, and injection drug use among HIV patients: trends between 1996 and 2000 in 12 states.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2005; 40: 609-616
- Results of a rapid hepatitis C virus screening and diagnostic testing program in an urban emergency department.Ann Emerg Med. 2016; 67: 119-128
- Development and implementation of a model to improve identification of patients infected with HIV Using diagnostic rapid testing in the emergency department.Acad Emerg Med. 2007; 14: 1149-1157
- Unrecognized chronic hepatitis C virus infection among baby boomers in the emergency department.Hepatology. 2015; 61: 776-782
- Alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs: future directions for screening and intervention in the emergency department.Acad Emerg Med. 2009; 16: 1078-1088
- A promising approach for emergency departments to care for patients with substance use and behavioral disorders.Health Aff (Millwood). 2013; 32: 2122-2128
- SBIRT in emergency care settings: are we ready to take it to scale?.Acad Emerg Med. 2009; 16: 1072-1077
- Hepatitis C virus infection in the 1945–1965 birth cohort (baby boomers) in a large urban emergency department.Am J Emerg Med. 2016; 34 ([available online]): 697-701https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2015.12.072
- Hepatitis C virus treatment for prevention among people who inject drugs: modeling treatment scale-up in the age of direct-acting antivirals.Hepatology. 2013; 58: 1598-1609
☆Author contributions: ESA and DAEW conceived the study, and DAEW obtained research funding. DAEW, ESA, and SKP designed the study. DAEW, ESA, and SKP supervised study administration, and ESA, SKP, and LJD managed the data. ESA provided statistical advice and analyzed the data. ESA drafted the manuscript, and all authors contributed substantially to its revision. ESA takes responsibility for the manuscript as a whole.
☆☆Prior presentations: none.
★Grants: HIV FOCUS Grant, Gilead Sciences .
★★Disclosures: The Principal Investigator and Research Staff (DAEW, SKP, LJD, and TT) received HIV FOCUS grant funding from Gilead Sciences for partial salary and administrative support. Gilead Sciences had no role in study design, results interpretation, or manuscript preparation.