One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- The incidence of traumatic brain injury among children in the United States: differences by race.J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2005; 20: 229-238
- A population-based study of inflicted traumatic brain injury in young children.JAMA. 2003; 290: 621-626
- Characteristics that distinguish abusive from nonabusive head trauma among young children who underwent head computed tomography in Japan.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: e841-e847
- Injuries in infants and small children resulting from witnessed and corroborated free falls.J Trauma. 1991; 31: 1350-1352
- Annual risk of death resulting from short falls among young children: less than 1 in 1million.Pediatrics. 2008; 12: 1213-1224
- Validity of caregivers' reports on head trauma due to falls in young children aged less than 2 years.Clin Med Insights Pediatr. 2010; 4: 11-18
- Injuries resulting when small children fall out of bed.Pediatrics. 1977; 60: 533-535
- The likelihood of injuries when children fall out of bed.J Pediatr Orthop. 1987; 7: 184-186
- Falling out of bed: a relatively benign occurrence.Pediatrics. 1993; 92: 125-127
- Accidents on hospital wards.Arch Dis Child. 1991; 66: 1047-1049
- Infantile acute subdural hematoma. Clinical analysis of 26 cases.J Neurosurg. 1984; 61: 273-280
- Subdural hematomas in abused children: report six cases from Japan.Neurosurgery. 1986; 18: 475-477
- Unexplained subdural hematoma in young children: is it always child abuse?.Pediatr Int. 2002; 44: 37-42
- Ophthalmic manifestations of shaken baby syndrome.in: Lazorits S. Palusci V.J. The shaken baby syndrome: multidisciplinary approach. Haworth Maltreatment & Trauma Press, Binghamton, New York2001: 137-153
- Evaluating trauma care: the TRISS method. Trauma score and the injury severity score.J Trauma. 1987; 27: 370-380
- Assessing the outcome of pediatric intensive care.J Pediatr. 1992; 121: 68-74
- Neuroimaging: what neuroradiological features distinguish abusive from non-abusive head trauma? A systematic review.Arch Dis Child. 2011; 96: 1103-1112
- Head injury in very young children: mechanisms, injury types, and ophthalmologic findings in 100 hospitalized patients younger than 2 years of age.Pediatrics. 1992; 90: 179-185
- Fatal falls in childhood. How far must children fall to sustain fatal head injury? Report of cases and review of the literature.Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 1993; 14: 201-207
- Can the initial history predict whether a child with a head injury has been abused?.Pediatrics. 2003; 111: 602-607
- Clinical and radiographic characteristics associated with abusive and nonabusive head trauma: a systematic review.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: 315-323
- Shaken baby syndrome in Canada: clinical characteristics and outcomes of hospital cases.CMAJ. 2003; 168: 155-159
☆Funding Source: No external funding for this manuscript.
☆☆Financial Disclosure: No financial relationships relevant to this article to disclose.
★Conflict of Interest: No potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
★★The article was presented in Pediatric Academic Society on April 27, 2015.