One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Adverse outcomes of managed care gatekeeping.Acad Emerg Med. 1997; 4: 1129-1136
- Emergency departments, Medicaid costs, and access to primary care — understanding the link.New Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 2141-2143
- Comparison of presenting complaint vs discharge diagnosis for identifying “ nonemergency” emergency department visits.JAMA. 2013; 309: 1145-1153
- Urgent care needs among nonurgent visits to the emergency department.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 852-854
- The uncertain economics of insurance enabling more emergency department visits.Annals Emerg Med. 2017; 70: 226-228
- Owning the cost of emergency medicine: beyond 2%.Ann Emerg Med. 2013; 62 (498–505.e3)
- Making profits and providing care: comparing nonprofit, for-profit, and government hospitals.Health Aff. 2005; 2: 790-801
- Hospital emergency care as a public good and community health benefit.Ann Emerg Med. 2017; 70: 226-228
- Pop Health Mgmt. 2015; 18: 233-236
- Offering Non-Urgent Patients Alternatives to Emergency Care.HFMA e-Bulletin, 2013(accessed 26 December 2017)
- Health information exchange reduces repeated diagnostic imaging for back pain.Ann Emerg Med. 2013; 62: 16-24