One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Long-term outcome after stroke: does dysphagia matter?.Age Ageing. 2007; 36: 90-94
- Consequence of dysphagia in the hospitalized patient: impact on prognosis and hospital resources.Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2010; 136: 784-789
- Dysphagia following stroke.Eur Neurol. 2004; 51: 162-167
- Dysphagia after stroke, incidence, diagnosis, and pulmonary complications.Stroke. 2005; 36: 2756-2763
- Guidelines for the early management of adults with ischemic stroke, a guideline from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Stroke Council, Clinical Cardiology Council, Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention Council, and the Atherosclerotic Peripheral Vascular Disease and Quality of Care Outcomes in Research Interdisciplinary Working Groups: The American Academy of Neurology affirms the value of this guideline as an educational tool for neurologists.Circulation. 2007; 115: e478-e534
- Dysphagia screening decreases pneumonia in acute stroke patients admitted to the stroke intensive care unit.J Neurol Sci. 2011; 306: 38-41
- Prospective quality initiative to maximize dysphagia screening reduces hospital-acquired pneumonia prevalence in patients with stroke.Stroke. 2013; 44: 3154-3160
- Guidelines for the early management of patients with acute ischemic stroke: a guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.Stroke. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1161/str.0000000000000158(2018
- Implementation of stroke dysphagia screening in the emergency department.Nurs Res Pract. 2013; 2013: 304190
- A feasibility study of the sensitivity of emergency physician dysphagia screening in acute stroke patients.Ann Emerg Med. 2009; 54 (348 e341): 344-348
- A novel emergency department dysphagia screen for patients presenting with acute stroke.Acad Emerg Med. 2011; 18: 584-589
- Utility of dysphagia screening results in predicting poststroke pneumonia.Stroke. 2010; 41: 2849-2854
- Effect of dysphasia and dysphagia on inpatient mortality and hospital length of stay: a database study.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2009; 57: 2101-2106
- Screening for oropharyngeal dysphagia in stroke: insufficient evidence for guidelines.Dysphagia. 2000; 15: 19-30
- Effect of dysphagia screening strategies on clinical outcomes after stroke: a systematic review for the 2018 guidelines for the early management of patients with acute ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1161/STR.0000000000000159
☆This research was not supported by a grant or external funding.