- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Medical Association
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- World Health Organization
- Harm Reduction Coalition
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Opioid overdose. Drug overdose death data.https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/data/statedeaths.htmlDate: December 16, 2016Date accessed: August 29, 2017
- Centers for disease control (CDC). Opioid overdose prevention programs providing naloxone to laypersons—United States, 2014.MMWR Morb. Mortal. Wkly Rep. 2015; 64: 631-635
- AMA adds new tools to combat opioids.https://www.ama-assn.org/ama-adds-new-tools-combat-opioidsDate: June 15, 2016Date accessed: August 29, 2017
- Naloxone prescriptions by emergency physicians.https://www.acep.org/Clinical---Practice-Management/Naloxone-Prescriptions-by-Emergency-Physicians/Date: October 2015Date accessed: August 29, 2017
- Expanding access to naloxone in the United States.Clin. Toxicol. (Phila). 2014; 52: 989-992
- Naloxone: a take-home antidote to drug overdose that saves lives.http://www.who.int/features/2014/naloxone/en/Date: November 2014Date accessed: August 29, 2017
- Naloxone program case studies: Chicago recovery alliance.http://harmreduction.org/issues/overdose-prevention/tools-best-practices/naloxone-program-case-studies/chicago-recovery-alliance/Date: 2011Date accessed: August 29, 2017
- The relationship between initial route of heroin administration and speed of transition to daily heroin use.Drug Alcohol Rev. 2017 May 3; ([Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1111/dar.12560
- Prescription opioid use among patients seeking treatment for opioid dependence.J. Addict. Med. 2010 Jun 1; 4: 108-113
- Signs and risks of snorting heroin.[accessed Aug 29, 2017])
- Fentanyl in the US heroin supply: a rapidly changing risk environment.Int. J. Drug Policy. 2017 Aug; 46: 107-111
☆This study was presented in part at the American College of Medical Toxicology's Annual Science Meeting, April 1, 2017; San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA (Abstract #79).