- Johnson Timothy
- et al.
Abbreviations:CHF (cardiac heart failure), COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure), CPE (cardiac pulmonary edema), DNR (do not resuscitate), ICU (Intensive Care Unit), IMV (invasive mechanical ventilation), NIMV (noninvasive mechanical ventilation)
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Intubations in elderly patients, have decreased from 1999 through 2014–results of a multi-center cohort study.Am J Emerg Med. 1990; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2018.02.022
- Reversal of acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive lung disease by inspiratory assistance with a face mask.N Engl J Med. 1990; 323: 1523-1530
- Outcomes of NIV for acute exacerbations of COPD in the United States, 1998–2008.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2012; 185: 152-159
- Outcome of older patients receiving mechanical ventilation.Intensive Care Med. 2004; 30: 639-646
- The effect of discussions about advance directives on Patients' satisfaction with primary care.J Gen Intern Med. 2001; 16: 32-40
- Treatment of severe cardiogenic pulmonary edema with continuous positive airway pressure delivered by face mask.N Engl J Med. 1991; 325: 1825-1830
- Caring for critically ill oldest old patients: a clinical review.Aging Clin Exp Res. 2017; 29: 833https://doi.org/10.1007/s40520-016-0638