One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Trends in opioid prescribing by race/ethnicity for patients seeking care in US emergency departments.JAMA. 2008; 299 (70–8)
- Opioid-prescribing patterns of emergency physicians and risk of long-term use.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 663-673
- Early opioid prescription and subsequent disability among workers with back injuries: the disability risk identification study cohort.Spine. 2008; 33: 199-204
- Results from the 2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: detailed tables.
- Why doctors prescribe opioids to known opioid abusers.N Engl J Med. 2010; 367: 1580-1581
- Drug Abuse Patterns and Trends in Colorado and the Denver/Boulder Metropolitan Area — Update.National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2014
- Wide-ranging Online Data for Epidemiologic Research (WONDER).CDC, National Center for Health Statistics, Atlanta, GA2016 (Available at)
- Heroin use and heroin use risk behaviors among nonmedical users of prescription opioid pain relievers — United States, 2002–2004 and 2008–2010.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2013; 132: 95-100
- Pain management: association with patient satisfaction among emergency department patients.J Emerg Med. 2014; 46: 456-464
- “Pressure to prescribe” the impact of economic and regulatory factors on South-Eastern ED physicians managing the drug seeking patient.J Emerg Trauma Shock. 2016; 9: 58-63
- Opioid painkiller prescribing.
- Geographic variation in opioid and heroin involved drug poisoning mortality rates.Am J Prev Med. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2017.06.009
- Washington emergency department opioid prescribing guidelines.
- Oregon emergency department (ED) opioid prescribing guidelines.
- Clinical policy: critical issues in the prescribing of opioids for adult patients in the emergency department.Ann Emerg Med. 2012; 60: 499-525
- Policy for prescribing and dispensing opioids.(wisc.edu/files/Colorado_Joint%20Bd_Policy%20for%20Prescribing%20and%20Dispensing%20Opioids.pdf)
- Guideline for prescribing opioids for chronic pain.
- Development of an opioid reduction policy in the emergency department.Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2015; 72: 2080-2086
- St. Joseph's announces innovative ALTO program.
- Alternatives to Opioids for Acute Pain management in the Emergency Department: Part I.AHC Media, October 2016https://www.ahcmedia.com/articles/138799-alternatives-to-opioids-for-acute-pain-management-in-the-emergency-department-part-i
- Predictors of patient satisfaction with pain management in the emergency department.Adv Emerg Nurs J. 2016; 38: 115-122
- Addiction rare in patients treated with narcotics.N Engl J Med. 1980; 302: 123
- Chronic use of opioid analgesics in non-malignant pain: report of 38 cases.Pain. 1986; 25: 171-186
- Pain as the fifth vital sign.1. Geriatrics and Extended Care Strategic Healthcare Group, October 2000: 1-57
- Opioid prescribing and treatment guidelines.