One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Costs associated with outpatient emergency room and inpatient care for migraine in the USA.Cephalgia. 2011; 31: 1570-1575
- Utilization, diagnosis, treatment, and cost of migraine treatment in the emergency department.Headache. 2009; 49: 1163-1173
- Polysubstance use and misuse or abuse of prescription opioid analgesics: a multi-level analysis of international data.Pain. 2017; 158: 1138-1144
- Current management of migraine in the US emergency departments: an analysis of the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey.Cephalgia. 2015; 35: 301-309
- Rising opioid prescribing in adult U.S. emergency department visits: 2001–2010.Acad Emerg Med. 2014; 21: 236-243
- Opioids for chronic noncancer pain: a meta-analysis of effectiveness and side effects.CMAJ. 2006; 174: 1589-1594
- A comprehensive review of opioid-induced hyperalgesia.Pain Physician. 2011; 14: 145-161
- The state of US health, 1990–2016: burden of diseases, injuries, and risk factors among US states.JAMA. 2018; 319: 1444-1472
- The cost of opioid-related adverse drug events.J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother. 2014; 28: 282-293
- Annual surveillance report of drug-related risks and outcomes—United States, 2017.US Department of Health and Human Services, CDC, Atlanta, GA2017
- Canadian Headache Society systematic review and recommendations on the treatment of migraine pain in emergency settings.Cephalgia. 2015; 35: 271-284
- Management of adults with acute migraine in the emergency department: the American headache society evidence assessment of parenteral pharmacotherapies.Headache. 2016; 56: 911-940
- The opioid crisis is getting worse, particularly for black Americans.New York Times, December 22, 2017
- The public and the opioid-abuse epidemic.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 407-411
- Addiction rare in patients treated with narcotics.N Engl J Med. 1980; 302: 123
- Increases in drug and opioid involved overdose deaths-United States 2010–2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 65: 1445-1452
- Association of emergency department opioid initiative with recurrent opioid use.Ann Emerg Med. 2015; 65: 493-499
- Opioid-prescribing patterns of emergency physicians and risk of long-term use.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 663-673
- Randomized double-blind trial of intravenous prochlorperazine for the treatment of acute headache.JAMA. 1989; 261: 1174-1176
- Randomized study of IV prochlorperazine plus diphenhydramine vs IV hydromorphone for migraine.Neurology. 2017; 14: 2075-2082
- Metoclopramide versus hydromorphone for the emergency department treatment of migraine headache.J Pain. 2008; 9: 88-94
- Chart reviews in emergency research: where are the methods?.Ann Emerg Med. 1996; 27: 305-308
- A comparison of acute treatment regimens for migraine in the emergency department.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: 232-238
- Headaches in U.S. hospitals and emergency departments, 2008: Statistical brief #111.in: Healthcare cost and utilization project (HCUP) statistical briefs. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US), Rockville (MD)2006–2011https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK56047/pdf/Bookshelf_NBK56047.pdf([Internet])Date accessed: July 26, 2018
☆Presentations: Ruzek MA, Richman P, Eskin B, Allegra JR. Emergency Department Treatment of Migraines Has Changed Significantly Since 1999–2000. (abstract) Academic Emerg Med. May 2017, Volume 24, Supplement 1, Page S194.
☆Ruzek M, Dewey K, Allegra JR, Eskin B, Richman P. Temporal Trends in Emergency Department Revisit Rates for Migraines. (abstract) Academic Emerg Med. May 2015, Volume 22, Supplement 1 Page S51.