One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Visits to US emergency departments by 20- to 29-year-olds with toothache during 2001–2010.J Am Dent Assoc. 2015; 146: 295-302.e2
- Patient characteristics and trends in nontraumatic dental condition visits to emergency departments in the United States.Clin Cosmet Investig Dent. 2012; 4: 1-7
- Pain levels and typical symptoms of acute endodontic infections: a prospective, observational study.BMC Oral Health. 2016; 16: 61
- Pain management: part 1: managing acute and postoperative dental pain.Anesth Prog. 2010; 57: 67-79https://doi.org/10.2344/0003-3006-57.2.67
Opioid overdose fact sheet. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/index.html. Accessed October 12, 2017.
- CDC guideline for prescribing opioids for chronic pain.https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/prescribing/guideline.htmlDate accessed: October 12, 2017
- Clinical policy: critical issues in the prescribing of opioids for adult patients in the emergency department.Ann Emerg Med. 2012; 60: 499-525
- Understanding and interpreting the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: key questions and answers.Ann Emerg Med. 2012; 60: 716-721
- Emergency department treatment of opioid addiction: an opportunity to lead.Acad Emerg Med. 2018; 25: 601-604
- Factors influencing long-term opioid use among opioid naive patients: an examination of initial prescription characteristics and pain etiologies.J Pain. 2017; 18: 1374-1383
- Comparing quantification of pain severity by verbal rating and numeric rating scales.J Spinal Cord Med. 2010; 33: 232-242
- Nontraumatic dental condition-related visits to emergency departments on weekdays, weekends and night hours: findings from the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care survey.Clin Cosmet Investig Dent. 2013; 5: 69-76
- Low-income and minority patient satisfaction with visits to emergency departments and physician offices for dental problems.J Am Coll Dent. 2009; 76: 23-31
- Evaluating the patient with low back pain.Practitioner. 2015; 259 (2-3): 21-24
- Does restriction of public health care dental benefits affect the volume, severity, or cost of dental-related hospital visits?.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017; 75: 467-474
- Unintentional overdose of analgesia secondary to acute dental pain.Br Dent J. 2002; 193: 211-212
- Increases in drug and opioid-involved overdose deaths United States, 2010–2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 65: 1445-1452
- CDC guideline for prescribing opioids for chronic pain — United States, 2016.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2016; 65: 1-49https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.rr6501e1
☆Meetings: Presented at the ACEP Research Forum, October 2017, Washington, DC.