One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Sepsis: definition, epidemiology, and diagnosis.BMJ. 2007; 335: 879-883
- Duration of hypotension before initiation of effective antimicrobial therapy is the critical determinant of survival in human septic shock.Crit Care Med. 2006; 34: 1589-1596
- Reducing mortality in severe sepsis and septic shock.Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2011; 32: 195-205
- Surviving sepsis campaign: international guidelines for management of severe sepsis and septic shock: 2012.Crit Care Med. 2013; 41: 580-637
- The surviving Sepsis campaign bundles and outcome: results from the international multicentre prevalence study on sepsis (the IMPreSS study).Intensive Care Med. 2015; 41: 1620-1628
- Septic patients arriving with emergency medical services: a seriously ill population.Eur J Emerg Med. 2014; 21: 330-335
- Continuous improvements in “chain of survival” increased survival after out-of-hospital cardiac arrests: a large-scale population-based study.Circulation. 2009; 119: 728-734
- The OPALS major trauma study: impact of advanced life-support on survival and morbidity.CMAJ. 2008; 178: 1141-1152
- Effects of emergency medical service transport on acute stroke care.Eur J Neurol. 2014; 21: 1344-1347
- Prehospital management and identification of sepsis by emergency medical services: a systematic review.Emerg Med J. 2016; 33: 408-413
- Identification of adults with sepsis in the prehospital environment: a systematic review.BMJ Open. 2016; 6: 1-10
- Use of the SOFA score to assess the incidence of organ dysfunction/failure in intensive care units: results of a multicenter, prospective study. Working group on “sepsis-related problems” of the european society of intensive care medicine.Crit Care Med. 1998; 26: 1793-1800
- Serial evaluation of the SOFA score to predict outcome in critically ill patients.JAMA. 2001; 286: 1754-1758
- Prehospital recognition of severe sepsis: development and validation of a novel EMS screening tool.Am J Emerg Med. 2015; 33: 1119-1125
- A prehospital screening tool utilizing end-tidal carbon dioxide predicts sepsis and severe sepsis.Am J Emerg Med. 2016; 34: 813-819
- The impact of emergency medical services on the ED care of severe sepsis.Am J Emerg Med. 2012; 30: 51-56
- Early detection and treatment of patients with severe sepsis by prehospital personnel.J Emerg Med. 2013; 44: 1116-1125
☆This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
☆The results in this paper have been presented in abstract form at the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) annual meeting in Indianapolis, Indiana, May 15–May 18, 2018.