One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- M., (The original) 100 year-old motorscooter up for sale.in: New Atlas. 2016
- Can e-scooters solve the 'last mile' problem? They'll need to avoid the fate of dockless bikes, in The Conversation.2018
Hawkins, A., The electric scooter craze is officially one year old – what's next.
- That electric scooter might be fun. It might also be deadly, in CNN.2018
- Bird scooters – so much fun, so damn dangerous, in Los Angeles Times.2018
- Police: Man dies after apparent electric scooter accident, in The Washington Post.2018
- Bird, Lime named in class-action lawsuit, in Curbed.2018
- Injuries associated with hoverboard use: a review of the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System.Am J Emerg Med. Mar 2019; 37: 472-477
- Hoverboards: a new cause of pediatric morbidity.Injury. 2017; 48: 1110-1114
- Bicycle-related injuries among children treated in US emergency departments, 2006–2015.Accid Anal Prev. 2018; 118: 11-17
- Extremity fractures associated with ATVs and dirt bikes: a 10-year national epidemiologic study.Musculoskelet Surg. 2017; 101: 145-151
- National Electronic Injury Surveillance System (NEISS).(Available from)https://www.cpsc.gov/Research--Statistics/NEISS-Injury-DataDate: November 17, 2018
Bureau, U.S.C. U.S. and World Population Clock 2018; Available from: https://www.census.gov/popclock/.
Lime. Lime-S Etiquette. Available from: https://www.li.me/electric-scooter.
Bird. Bird Rental Agreement, Waiver of Liability and Release. Available from: https://www.bird.co/agreement/.
- The secret life of teen scooter outlaws.(Available from)
- Trends in the incidence and outcomes of bicycle-related injury in the emergency department: a nationwide population-based study in South Korea, 2012–2014.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0181362
Motorcyclist Traffic Fatalities by State: 2017 Preliminary Data, G.H.S. Association, Editor. 2017.
Traffic Safety Facts: 2015 Data, N.H.T.S. Administration, Editor. 2017.
Bonne, S. and D.J. Schuerer, Trauma in the older adult: epidemiology and evolving geriatric trauma principles. Clin Geriatr Med, 2013. 29(1): p. 137–50.
- Are injury admissions on weekends and weeknights different from weekday admissions?.Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00068-018-1022-8
- Biomechanical study of the efficacy of a new design of wrist guard.Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2013; 28: 509-513
- Do wrist guards protect against fractures?.Ann Emerg Med. 1997; 29: 766-769
- Pressure distribution over the palm region during forward falls on the outstretched hands.J Biomech. 2011; 44: 532-539
Kim, S. and S.K. Lee, Snowboard wrist guards–use, efficacy, and design. A systematic review. Bull NYU Hosp Jt Dis, 2011. 69(2): p. 149–57.
- Concussion is confusing us all.Pract Neurol. 2015; 15: 172-186
- Concussion diagnoses among adults presenting to three Canadian emergency departments: missed opportunities.Am J Emerg Med. 2018; 36: 2144-2151
- California removes helmet requirement for electric scooters, in Curbed.2018
- The effects of motorcycle helmet legislation on craniomaxillofacial injuries.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017; 139: 1453-1457
- Head injury resulting from scooter accidents in Rome: differences before and after implementing a universal helmet law.Eur J Public Health. 2007; 17: 607-611
- NEISS coding manual.www.cpsc.govDate: 2017
☆This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.