Abbreviations:4F-PCC (four-factor prothrombin complex concentrate), IU fIX (international units of Factor IX)
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Evidence-based management of anticoagulant therapy: antithrombotic therapy and prevention of thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines.Chest. 2012; 141e152S
- Bleeding risks of antithrombotic therapy.BMJ. 2002; 325: 828
- 2017 ACC expert consensus decision pathway on management of bleeding in patients on oral anticoagulants: a report of the American College of Cardiology Task Force on Expert Consensus Decision Pathways.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 70: 30-42
- Prothrombin complex concentrate human.([prescribing information]) CSL Behring, Kankakee, IL2013
- Thrombotic complications following the administration of high-dose prothrombin complex concentrate for acute warfarin reversal.Am J Emerg Med. 2016; 34: 1736.e1-1736.e3
- Randomised controlled trial protocol to evaluate a fixed dose prothrombin complex concentrate against the variable dose in vitamin K antagonist related bleeding (PROPER3).BMJ Open. 2018; 8e020764
- An observational, prospective, two-cohort comparison of a fixed versus variable dosing strategy of prothrombin complex concentrate to counteract vitamin K antagonists in 240 bleeding emergencies.Haematologica. 2012; 97: 1501-1506
- Evaluation of fixed dose 4-factor prothrombin complex concentrate for emergent warfarin reversal.Am J Emerg Med. 2015; 33: 1213-1218
- Fixed versus variable dosing of prothrombin complex concentrate in vitamin k antagonist-related intracranial hemorrhage: a retrospective analysis.Neurocrit Care. 2017; 26: 64-69
- Fixed dose 4-factor prothrombin complex concentrate for the emergent reversal of warfarin: a retrospective analysis.J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2018; 45: 300-305
- A systematic review of prothrombin complex concentrate dosing strategies to reverse vitamin K antagonist therapy.Thromb Res. 2015; 135: 9-19
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap) – a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
The data analysis for this paper was generated using SAS software. Copyright © 2017 SAS Institute Inc. SAS and all other SAS Institute Inc. product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA.
- Beriplex P/N Anticoagulation Reversal Study Group. Prothrombin complex concentrate (Beriplex P/N) for emergency anticoagulation reversal: a prospective multinational clinical trial.J Thromb Haemost. 2008; 6: 622-631
- Efficacy and safety of a 4-factor prothrombin complex concentrate in patients on vitamin K antagonists presenting with major bleeding: a randomized, plasma-controlled, phase IIIb study.Circulation. 2013; 128: 1234-1243
- Specifications manual for joint commission national quality measures: version 2017B2.Joint Commission Resources, Oak Brook, IL2017