- •Current HIV screening programs do not prioritize patients already known to be HIV/HCV positive.
- •A significant number of prior positive patients require confirmatory testing and linkage to care.
- •We used an electronic health record system to alert staff of the need for these health services.
- •This “proof of concept” highlights this patient subgroup and a new area of research.
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Emergency departments at the crossroads of intersecting epidemics (HIV, HCV, injection drug use and opioid overdose)-estimating HCV incidence in an urban emergency department population.J Viral Hepat. 2018; 25: 1397-1400
- Moving beyond screening: how emergency departments can help extinguish the HIV/AIDS epidemic.West J Emerg Med. 2016; 17: 135-138
- Revised recommendations for HIV testing of adults, adolescents, and pregnant women in health-care settings.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2006; 55 ([quiz CE1-4]): 1-17
- Routine HIV screening in two health-care settings—New York City and New Orleans, 2011-2013.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 537-541
- Acute HIV infection and implications of fourth-generation HIV screening in emergency departments.Ann Emerg Med. 2014; 64: 547-551
- Vital signs: HIV diagnosis, care, and treatment among persons living with HIV—United States.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 63 (2014): 1113-1117
- The evolving landscape of HIV screening in the emergency department.Ann Emerg Med. 2018; 72: 54-56
- Hepatitis C virus screening: an important public health opportunity for United States emergency departments.Ann Emerg Med. 2016; 67: 129-130
- A novel emergency department based prevention intervention program for people living with HIV: evaluation of early experiences.BMC Health Serv Res. 2007; 7: 164
- R: A language and environment for statistical computing.R Foundation for Statistical Computing, V., Austria2017 (URL)