One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Ultrasonographically guided peripheral intravenous cannulation of children and adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Emerg Med. 2013; 61 (April): 444-454
- A randomized controlled trial assessing the use of ultrasound for nurse-performed IV placement in difficulty access.AJEM. 2016; 34: 1950-1954
- Predicting peripheral venous access difficulty in the emergency department using body mass index and a clinical evaluation of venous accessibility.J Emerg Med. 2013; 44: 299-305
- Risk factors associated with difficulty venous access in adult ED patients.AJEM. 2014; 32: 1179-1182
- Obesity significantly increases the difficulty of patient management in the emergency department.Emerg Med Australas. 2010; 22: 316-323
- Ultrasound-guided peripheral intravenous access in the intensive care unit.J Crit Care. 2010; 25: 514-519
- Comparing peripheral venous access between obese and normal weight children.Pediatric Anestheisa. 2010; 20: 172-176
- Effects of vein width and depth on ultrasound-guided peripheral intravenous success rates.J Emerg Med. 2010; 39: 70-75
- Is peripheral line placement more difficulty in obese than in lean patients?.Anesth Analg. 2003; 96: 1218
- Effects of obesity on patient experience in the emergency department.Emerg Med Australas. 2013; 25: 227-232
- The crashing obese patient.Western Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2019; 20 (March): 323-330
- Body mass index and outcomes in critically injured blunt trauma patients: weighing the impact.J Am Coll Surg. 2007; 204: 1056-1064
- Impact of obesity in the critically ill trauma patient: a prospective study.J Am Coll Surg. 2006; 203: 533-538
- Estimating sample size and power: applications and examples.in: Hulley S.B. Cummings S.R. Browner W.S. Grady D.G. Newman T.B. Designing clinical research. 3rd ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA2007
- Obese trauma patients have increased need for dialysis.Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg. 2019; (May): 1-8
- Obesity is associated with mortality and complications after trauma: a state-wide cohort study.J Surg Res. 2020; 247 (March): 14-20
- Impact of obesity of mortality and complications in trauma patients.Ann Surg. 2014; 259: 576-581
☆Lightning Oral Presentation: Society of Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL, May 19, 2017.