- •Neurofibromatosis type 1 is rarely complicated with an artery aneurysm formation and rupture.
- •Rupture of artery aneurysms in the neck region can be life-threatening because of upper airway obstruction and hemorrhagic shock.
- •Endovascular treatment has been shown to be safe and effective in NF-1 patients with artery aneurysm formation and rupture.
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Vascular abnormalities in patients with neurofibromatosis syndrome type I: clinical spectrum, management, and results.J Vasc Surg. 2007; 46: 475-484
- Ruptured left subclavian artery aneurysm presenting as upper airway obstruction in von Recklinghausen’s disease.Resuscitation. 2007; 74: 563-566
- Fatal acute retropharyngeal hemorrhage in neurofibromatosis type 1.Forensic Sci Med Pathol. 2017; 13: 436-440
- Spontaneous subclavian artery rupture in neurofibromatosis type I.Neurol Sci. 2011; 32: 979-980
- Byard. Forensic considerations in cases of neurofibromatosis--an overview.J Forensic Sci. 2007; 52: 1164-1170
- The endovascular management of neurofibromatosis-associated aneurysms: A systematic review.Eur J Radiol. 2018; 100: 66-75
- Spontaneous hemothorax associated with neurofibromatosis type I: a review of the literature.J Neurosci Rural Pract. 2014; 5: 269-271
- Spontaneous rupture of intercostal artery after severe cough.Am J Emerg Med. 2015; 33 (e1–3): 131