- •Despite a call for the development of pragmatic risk assessment tools for AKI at the hospital front currently there is no accepted tool
- •We describe a simple, practical risk score for the predicting the probability of ED-AKI at triage
- •The score is based on age, gender, chronic kidney disease and other comorbidities.
Background and objective
Design, setting, participants and measurements
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Incidence, outcomes, and comparisons across definitions of AKI in hospitalized individuals.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014; 9: 12-20https://doi.org/10.2215/CJN.02730313
- The definition of acute kidney injury and its use in practice.Kidney Int. 2015; 87: 62-73https://doi.org/10.1038/ki.2014.328
- Acute kidney injury associates with increased long-term mortality.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010; 21 (ASN.2009060636 [pii]): 345-352
- Acute renal failure.Lancet. 2005; 365 (S0140-6736(05)17831-3 [pii]): 417-430
- Epidemiology of emergency department acute kidney injury.Nephrology (Carlton). 2020; 25: 457-466https://doi.org/10.1111/nep.13672
National Confidential Enquiry into Patient Outcome and Death [NCEPOD] Report Acute Kidney Injury: Adding Insult to Injury. 2009. available at www.ncepod.org.uk
- Available)atDate: 2019 (
- Acute kidney injury in the era of the AKI E-alert.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016; 11: 2123-2131https://doi.org/10.2215/CJN.05170516
- Utility of electronic AKI alerts in intensive care: a national multicentre cohort study.J Crit Care. 2018; 44: 185-190https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcrc.2017.10.024
Phillips D, Young O, Holmes J, Allen LA, Roberts G, Geen J, et al. Seasonal pattern of incidence and outcome of Acute Kidney Injury: A national study of Welsh AKI electronic alerts. Int J Clin Pract. 2017;71(9)doi:https://doi.org/10.1111/ijcp.13000.
- Automated, electronic alerts for acute kidney injury: a single-blind, parallel-group, randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2015; 385 (S0140-6736(15)60266-5 [pii]): 1966-1974
- A new equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 604-612
- Epidemiology and outcomes in community-acquired versus hospital-acquired AKI.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014; 9 (CJN.07920713 [pii]): 1007-1014
- Community acquired acute kidney injury: findings from a large population cohort.QJM. 2017; 110: 741-746https://doi.org/10.1093/qjmed/hcx151