- •Predominance of STEMI occurrence in male patients and 50–90 years patients, without differences over decades;
- •Incidence of STEMI following ambulance call may suggest worse patient clinical condition compared to direct ER access;
- •Young patients (under 40 years of age) seem to be more used to going directly to ER instead of calling the ambulance;
- •Highest percentage of STEMI occurrence in August and between 10 A.M. and 12 A.M. and the lowest one at 2–5 A.M. .
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Primary angioplasty versus intravenous thrombolytic therapy for acute myocardial infarction: a quantitative review of 23 randomised trials.Lancet. 2003; 361: 13-20
- Transfer for primary angioplasty versus immediate thrombolysis in acute myocardial infarction: a meta-analysis.Circulation. 2003; 108: 1809-1814
- Association between time of hospitalization with acute myocardial infarction and in-hospital mortality.Eur Heart J. 2019 Apr 14; 40: 1214-1221
- Lower mortality with pre-hospital electrocardiogram triage by telemedicine support in high risk acute myocardial infarction treated with primary angioplasty: preliminary data from the Bari-BAT public emergency medical service 118 registry.Int J Cardiol. 2015; 185: 224-228
- Improved survival associated with pre-hospital triage strategy in a large regional ST- segment elevation myocardial infarction program.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2012; 5: 1239-1246
- Telecardiology applied to a region-wide public emergency health-care service.J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2009; 28: 23-30
- A regional prehospital electrocardiogram network with a single telecardiology “hub” for public emergency medical service: technical requirements, logistics, manpower, and preliminary results.Telemed J E Health. 2011; 17: 727-733
- Wireless smartphone ECG enables large scale screening in diverse populations.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2015; 26: 520-526
- Pre-hospital electrocardiogram triage with tele-cardiology support is associated with shorter time-to-balloon and higher rates of timely reperfusion even in rural areas: data from the Bari-Barletta/Andria/ Trani public emergency medical service 118 registry on primary angioplasty in ST-elevation myocardial infarction.Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care. 2014; 3
- Telecardiologia: aspetti clinici, tecnici e sociali. Il progetto dell’ASP di Cosenza.G Ital Cardiol. 2016; 17: 959-965