One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Trends in opioid prescribing by race/ethnicity for patients seeking care in US emergency departments.JAMA. 2008; 299: 70-78
- Pain in the emergency department: results of the Pain and Emergency Medicine Initiative (PEMI) Multicenter Study.J Pain. 2007; 8: 460-466
Ducharme J. Acute pain management in adults. In: Tintinalli JE, Stapczynski JS, Cline DM, Ma OJ, Cydulka RK, Meckler GD (eds). Tintinalli's emergency medicine: a comprehensive study guide, 7th ed. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=6358495.
Gutstein HB, Akil H. Opioid analgesics. In: Brunton LL, Lazo JS, Parker KL (eds). Goodman & Gilman's the pharmacological basis of therapeutics. 11th ed. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=940653.
Fields H, Martin J. Pain: pathophysiology and management. In: Fauci A, Braunwald, E, Kasper, DL, Hauser, SL, Longo, DL, Jameson, JL, Loscalzo, J (eds). Harrison's principles of internal medicine, 17th ed. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=2883005.
- Randomized clinical trial comparing a patient-driven titration protocol of intravenous hydromorphone with traditional physician-driven management of emergency department patients with acute severe pain.Ann Emerg Med. 2009; 54: 561-567
Chang AK, Bijur PE, Gallagher EJ. Randomized clinical trial comparing the safety and efficacy of a hydromorphone titration protocol to usual care in the management of adult emergency department patients with acute severe pain. Ann Emerg Med. In Press.
Todd KH. Pain and Emergency Medicine Initiative Multicenter Study [data file and documentation]. 2007.
- Intravenous opioid dosing and outcomes in emergency patients: a prospective cohort analysis.Am J Emerg Med. 2009; 28: 1041-1050
- Relationships between measurement of pain using visual analog score and morphine requirements during postoperative intravenous morphine titration.Anesthesiology. 2003; 98: 1415-1421