One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
National Healthcare Quality Report, 2009. AHRQ Publication No. 10-0003, 2010. (Accessed February 22, 2011, at http://www.ahrq.gov/qual/qrdr09.htm.)
- Patients who leave a public hospital emergency department without being seen by a physician. Causes and consequences.JAMA. 1991; 266: 1085-1090
- Emergency department patients who leave without seeing a physician: the Toronto Hospital experience.Ann Emerg Med. 1994; 24: 1092-1096
- The left-without-being-seen patients: what would keep them from leaving?.Ann Emerg Med. 2003; 42: 317-323
- Hospital factors associated with emergency center patients leaving without being seen.Am J Emerg Med. 2000; 18: 767-772
- Patients who leave our emergency department without being seen: the Texas Children's Hospital experience.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2006; 22: 550-554
- “Left without being seen”: a national profile of children who leave the emergency department before evaluation.Ann Emerg Med. 2008; 52: 599-605
- Paediatric walk-out patients: characteristics and outcomes.J Paediatr Child Health. 2001; 37: 235-239
- Pediatric emergency department walk-outs.Pediatr Emerg Care. 1994; 10: 76-78
- Patients who leave the pediatric emergency department without being seen: a case-control study.CMAJ. 2005; 172: 39-43
- Patients who leave a pediatric emergency department without treatment.Ann Emerg Med. 1986; 15: 717-720
Welch SJ, Asplin BR, Stone-Griffith S, Davidson SJ, Augustine J, Schuur J. Emergency Department Operational Metrics, Measures and Definitions: Results of the Second Performance Measures and Benchmarking Summit. Ann Emerg Med.
- Statistical Solutions, Inc, Cork, Ireland2007 nQuery Advisor Version 7.0.
Timm NL, Ruddy RM. Demographics of patient visits during high daily census in a pediatric ED. Am J Emerg Med;28:56-60.
Gaucher N, Bailey B, Gravel J. Who are the children leaving the emergency department without being seen by a physician? Acad Emerg Med;18:152-7.
- Factors associated with walkout of patients from New South Wales hospital emergency departments, Australia.Emerg Med Australas. 2005; 17: 434-442
- Analysis of costs, length of stay, and utilization of emergency department services by frequent users: implications for health policy.Acad Emerg Med. 2004; 11: 1311-1317
- Patients who leave without being seen: their characteristics and history of emergency department use.Ann Emerg Med. 2006; 48: 686-693
- Emergency department volume and acuity as factors in patients leaving without treatment.South Med J. 2004; 97: 729-733
- Factors associated with patients who leave without being seen.Acad Emerg Med. 2005; 12: 232-236
- Pediatric emergency department overcrowding and impact on patient flow outcomes.Acad Emerg Med. 2008; 15: 832-837
- Who waits longest in the emergency department and who leaves without being seen?.Emerg Med J. 2005; 22: 93-96
- Access to emergency care: restricted by long waiting times and cost and coverage concerns.Ann Emerg Med. 2004; 43: 567-573
☆Poster presentation: Poster presentation at the Pediatric Academic Societies Conference, Vancouver, May 2010.