One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- A population-based study on pneumothorax in severely traumatized patients.J Trauma. 2001; 51: 677-682
- Classification and management of chest trauma.J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2006; 16: 101-103
- Ultrasound diagnosis in blunt thoracic trauma.Ultraschall Med. 2005; 26: 285-290
- Prospective evaluation of thoracic ultrasound in the detection of pneumothorax.J Trauma. 2001; 50: 201-205
- Rapid detection of pneumothorax by ultrasonography in patients with multiple trauma.Crit Care. 2006; 10: R112
- Factors related to the failure of radiographic recognition of occult posttraumatic pneumothoraces.Am J Surg. 2005; 189: 541-546
- Value of high-resolution ultrasound in detecting a pneumothorax.Eur Radiol. 2005; 15: 930-935
- Occult traumatic pneumothorax: diagnostic accuracy of lung ultrasonography in the emergency department.Chest. 2008; 133: 204-211
- Ultrasound diagnosis of occult pneumothorax.Crit Care Med. 2005; 33: 1231-1238
- Ultrasound in the management of thoracic disease.Crit Care Med. 2007; 35: S250-S261
- Thoracic ultrasound diagnosis of pneumothorax.J Trauma. 1999; 47: 970-971
- Traumatic pneumothorax detection with thoracic US: correlation with chest radiography and CT—initial experience.Radiology. 2002; 225: 210-214
- A prospective comparison of supine chest radiography and bedside ultrasound for the diagnosis of traumatic pneumothorax.Acad Emerg Med. 2005; 12: 844-849
- Hand-held thoracic sonography for detecting post-traumatic pneumothoraces: the Extended Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma (EFAST).J Trauma. 2004; 57: 288-295
- Surgeon-performed ultrasound for pneumothorax in the trauma suite.J Trauma. 2004; 56: 527-530
- Pneumothorax detection with thoracic US: more research is needed.Radiology. 2003; 227: 905-906
- Pneumothorax in a blunt trauma patient.J Emerg Med. 2008; 35: 199-203
- Supplemental emergent chest computed tomography in the management of blunt torso trauma.J Trauma. 1990; 30: 1431-1434
- Detection of occult pneumothoraces on abdominal computed tomographic scans in trauma patients.J Trauma. 2000; 49: 281-285
- MDCT for automated detection and measurement of pneumothoraces in trauma patients.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2009; 192: 830-836
- Pneumothorax: evaluation by ultrasound—preliminary results.J Thorac Imaging. 1987; 2: 76-78
- A bedside ultrasound sign ruling out pneumothorax in the critically ill. Lung sliding.Chest. 1995; 108: 1345-1348
- Sonographic detection of pneumothorax by radiology residents as part of extended focused assessment with sonography for trauma.J Ultrasound Med. 2009; 28: 749-755
- The accuracy of thoracic ultrasound for detection of pneumothorax is not sustained over time: a preliminary study.J Trauma. 2007; 62: 1384-1389
- The ultrasonographic deep sulcus sign in traumatic pneumothorax.Ultrasound Med Biol. 2006; 32: 1157-1163
- Value of thoracic computed tomography in the first assessment of severely injured patients with blunt chest trauma: results of a prospective study.J Trauma. 1997; 43: 405-411
- Projected cancer risks from computed tomographic scans performed in the United States in 2007.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 2071-2077
- Occult pneumothorax in the blunt trauma patient: tube thoracostomy or observation?.Injury. 2009; 40: 928-931
- Successful management of occult pneumothorax without tube thoracostomy despite positive pressure ventilation.Am Surg. 2008; 74: 958-961
- Validity of CT classification on management of occult pneumothorax: a prospective study.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1998; 171: 1317-1320
- Detection and estimation of the volume of pneumothorax using real-time sonography: efficacy determined by receiver operating characteristic analysis.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1996; 166: 317-321
☆Previous affiliations: During the study period, Drs Mennicke and Goldflam were affiliated with the Department of Emergency Medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, and Drs Gulati and Oliva were affiliated with the Department of Emergency Radiology at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston.
☆☆Data from this article were presented at the 2010 American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine Annual Convention on March 27th in San Diego, CA.
★Funding: This study was supported by a Faculty Seed Grant of the Department of Emergency Medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston.