Materials and methods
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Community-acquired pneumonia in the emergency department: a practical approach to diagnosis and management.Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2003; 21: 395-420
- Cobalt induction of hepatic heme oxygenase; with evidence that cytochrome P-450 is not essential for this enzyme activity.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1974; 71: 4293-4297
- Characterization of two constitutive forms of rat liver microsomal heme oxygenase. Only one molecular species of the enzyme is inducible.J Biol Chem. 1986; 261: 411-419
- Isolation and characterization of a cDNA from the rat brain that encodes hemoprotein heme oxygenase-3.Eur J Biochem. 1997; 247: 725-732
- AP-1 and STAT mediate hyperoxia-induced gene transcription of heme oxygenase-1.Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2000; 279: L175-L182
- Expression of heme oxygenase in human airway epithelial cells.Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2001; 24: 295-303
- Induction of heme oxygenase-1 expression in macrophages by diesel exhaust particle chemicals and quinones via the antioxidant-responsive element.J Immunol. 2000; 165: 3393-3401
- Increased blood carboxyhaemoglobin concentrations in inflammatory pulmonary diseases.Thorax. 2002; 57: 779-783
- Increased arteriovenous carboxyhemoglobin differences in patients with inflammatory pulmonary diseases.Chest. 2004; 125: 2160-2168
- A prediction rule to identify low-risk patients with community-acquired pneumonia.N Engl J Med. 1997; 336: 243-250
- Defining community acquired pneumonia severity on presentation to hospital: an international derivation and validation study.Thorax. 2003; 58: 377-382
- Microsomal heme oxygenase: characterization of the enzyme.J Biol Chem. 1969; 244: 6388-6394
- The enzymatic conversion of heme to bilirubin by microsomal hemeoxygenase.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1968; 61: 748-755
- Increased carbonmonoxide in exhaled air of patients with cystic fibrosis.Thorax. 1999; 54: 917-920
- Exhaled carbon monoxide levels during treatment of acute asthma.Eur Respir J. 1999; 13: 757-760
- Increased arterial carboxyhemoglobin concentrations in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005; 171: 1246-1251
- C-reactive protein is an independent predictor of severity in community-acquired pneumonia.Am J Med. 2008; 121: 219-225
- Reference values for carboxyhemoglobin.Rev Saude Publica. 1997; 31: 618-623
☆Conflict of interest: none declared.
☆☆Financial support: none.