One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Current practice, demographics, and trends of critical care trained emergency physicians in the United States.Acad Emerg Med. 2010; 17: 325-329
- Caring for the critically ill patient. Current and projected workforce requirements for care of the critically ill and patients with pulmonary disease: can we meet the requirements of an aging population?.JAMA. 2000; 284: 2762-2770
- Trends in the use and capacity of California's emergency departments, 1990-1999.Ann Emerg Med. 2002; 39: 389-396
- Critical care of medical and surgical patients in the ED: length of stay and initiation of intensive care procedures.Am J Emerg Med. 1997; 15: 654-657
- Critical care in the emergency department: a time-based study.Crit Care Med. 1993; 21: 970-976
- Emergency department procedures and length of stay for critically ill medical patients.Ann Emerg Med. 1994; 23: 546-549
- Hospital-based emergency care at the breaking point. National Academies Press, Washington, DC2007
- A review of critical care nursing staffing, education and practice standards.Aust Crit Care. 2012;
- Patient-nurse synergy: optimizing patients' outcomes.Am J Crit Care. 1998; 7: 64-72
- Management of the critically ill patient in the emergency department: focus on safety issues.Crit Care Clin. 2005; 21 (viii-ix): 81-89
- Impact of delayed transfer of critically ill patients from the emergency department to the intensive care unit.Crit Care Med. 2007; 35: 1477-1483
- The association between emergency department crowding and adverse cardiovascular outcomes in patients with chest pain.Acad Emerg Med. 2009; 16: 617-625
- Emergency department length of stay: a major risk factor for pneumonia in intubated blunt trauma patients.J Trauma. 2007; 63: 9-12
- National hospital ambulatory medical care survey emergency department summary.Adv Data. 2001; 2003: 1-29
United States General Accounting Office. HOSPITAL EMERGENCY DEPARTMENTS Crowded Conditions Vary among Hospitals and Communities. In; 2003.
- Critical care provided in an urban emergency department.Am J Emerg Med. 1998; 16: 56-59
- Fellowship training in critical care may not be helpful for emergency physicians.Ann Emerg Med. 2004; 43 ([author reply 1–2]): 420-421
- Physician staffing patterns and clinical outcomes in critically ill patients: a systematic review.JAMA. 2002; 288: 2151-2162
- Critical care in the emergency department: a physiologic assessment and outcome evaluation.Acad Emerg Med. 2000; 7: 1354-1361
- Chiu W. Farcy D. Flaxman A. Critical care emergency medicine. McGraw-Hill Professional, New York2011: 1
- Suboptimal care of patients before admission to intensive care. is caused by a failure to appreciate or apply the ABCs of life support..BMJ. 1998; 316: 1841-1842
- Effect of ED management on ICU use in acute pulmonary edema.Am J Emerg Med. 1999; 17: 571-574
- Effects of a medical emergency team on reduction of incidence of and mortality from unexpected cardiac arrests in hospital: preliminary study.BMJ. 2002; 324: 387-390
- A protocol of bolus-dose nitroglycerin and non-invasive ventilation to avert intubation in emergency department acute pulmonary edema. Society of Critical Care Medicine, Houston, TX2012
Marinaro J, Tawil I, Clark R, Keiler-Green A, Crandall CS. Emergency medicine intensivist performed percutaneous tracheostomy: performance and safety assessment. In: SCCM Annual Meeting; 2010; Miami, Florida; 2010.
- Trauma patients can be safely extubated in the emergency department.J Emerg Med. 2011; 40: 235-239
- Emergency physician–initiated extracorporeal cardiopulmonary resuscitation.Resuscitation. 2012; 83: 966-970
- Emergency department initiation of cardiopulmonary bypass: a case report and review of the literature.J Emerg Med. 2012; 43: 83-86
- Early goal-directed therapy in the treatment of severe sepsis and septic shock.N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 1368-1377
- Post-cardiac arrest syndrome: epidemiology, pathophysiology, treatment, and prognostication. A consensus statement from the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (American Heart Association, Australian and New Zealand Council on Resuscitation, European Resuscitation Council, Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, InterAmerican Heart Foundation, Resuscitation Council of Asia, and the Resuscitation Council of Southern Africa); the American Heart Association Emergency Cardiovascular Care Committee; the Council on Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia; the Council on Cardiopulmonary, Perioperative, and Critical Care; the Council on Clinical Cardiology; and the Stroke Council.Circulation. 2008; 118: 2452-2483
- Post-resuscitation care at the emergency department with critical care facilities—a length-of-stay analysis.Resuscitation. 2011; 82: 853-858
- Is the answer to Dr. Green's question: “Emergency medicine trauma specialists?”.Ann Emerg Med. 2007; 49 ([author reply 6]): 115
- Research priorities for palliative and end-of-life care in the emergency setting.Acad Emerg Med. 2011; 18: e70-e76
- The 2007 Model of the Clinical Practice of Emergency Medicine: the 2009 update 2009 EM Model Review Task Force.Ann Emerg Med. 2011; 57: e1-e15
- The ED-based Critical Care Rotation: A two-year experience in a large urban hospital. AEM Research Assembly, Boston, MA2010
- Critical care and emergency medicine.Curr Opin Crit Care. 2002; 8: 600-606
- Economic implications of an evidence-based sepsis protocol: can we improve outcomes and lower costs?.Crit Care Med. 2007; 35: 1257-1262
- Implementation of early goal-directed therapy for severe sepsis and septic shock: a decision analysis.Crit Care Med. 2007; 35: 2090-2100
- Clinical review: impact of emergency department care on intensive care unit costs.Crit Care. 2004; 8: 498-502
☆Prior presentations: None.
☆☆Funding sources/disclosures: None.