One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
Puzinauskas VP, Corbett LW. Differences between petroleum asphalt, coal-tar pitch, and road tar. Research Report 78-1; The Asphalt Institute, Lexington, KY; 1978.
Nomenclature and Terms, Hanson WE. Ed, Hoiberg AJ. Bituminous materials: asphalts, tars, and pitches, Volume 1. New York, NY: Interscience Publishers, 1964:1–23.
- Management of tar and asphalt injuries.Am J Surg. 1983; 146: 766-769
- Hot tar burns: twenty-seven hospitalized cases.J Burn Care Rehabil. 1994; 15: 341-345
- Hot bitumen burns: 92 hospitalized patients.Burns. 1997; 23: 438-441
- The comparative study of solvents to expedite removal of bitumen.Burns. 2009; 35: 288-293
- Heat emergencies.in: Tintinalli J.E. Stapczynski J.S. Ma O.J. Cline D.M. Cydulka R.K. Meckler G.D. Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine. 7th ed. McGraw Hill, New York, NY2011: 1339-1344
- Tar and asphalt burns.J Burn Care Rehabil. 1984; 5: 271-274
- Tar and grease removal from injured parts.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1967; 40: 330-331
- Management of hot tar burns.CMAJ. 1980; 20: 242
- Sunflower oil in the treatment of hot tar burns.Burns. 1997; 23: 442-445
- Bitumen burns and the use of baby oil.Burns. 1994; 20: 363-364
- Review of burns caused by bitumen and the problem of its removal.Burns. 1990; 16: 214-216
- Treatment of hot bitumen-contact-burn injuries.Burns. 2008; 34: 1053-1054
- Treatment of bitumen burns: effective dissolution of hardened hydrocarbon residue on periorbital and eyelid burns using butter.Eye (Lond). 2006; 20: 509-511
- Butter in the initial treatment of hot tar burns.Burns. 1993; 19: 437-438
- MEBO and hot bitumen burns.Burns. 2003; : 29
☆The Asphalt Institute, Lexington, KY, provided financial support for this work.