One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- [Last accessed March 3, 2014])
- The role of antibiotics in the management of elective and post-traumatic hand surgery.Hand Clin. 1998; 14: 657-666
- Antibiotic prophylaxis for mammalian bites.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2001;
- The role of antibiotics prophylaxis for prevention of infection in patients with simple hand lacerations.Ann Emerg Med. 2007; 49: 682-689
- Prophylactic antibiotics in simple hand lacerations.JAMA. 1981; 245: 1055-1056
- A prospective trial of prophylactic antibiotics in hand lacerations.Br J Surg. 1977; 64: 394-396
- Prophylactic antibiotics in minor hand injuries (letter to the editor).Injury. 1975; 6: 366
- Community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections of the hand: prevalence and timeliness of treatment.J Hand Surg [Am]. 2009; 34: 504-508
Quinn J.V., Polevoi S.K., Kohn M.A.: Traumatic lacerations: what are the risks for infection and has the “golden period” of laceration care disappeared? Emerg Med J. Published online first 1,12,2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/emermed-2012-202143.
- Risk factors for infection in patients with traumatic lacerations.Acad Emerg Med. 2001; 8: 716-720
- Prophylactic antibiotics for simple hand lacerations: time for a clinical trial?.Injury. 2012; 43: 1497-1501
☆Source of support: None.
☆☆Name of organization and date of assembly if the article has been presented: Poster presentation at the American College of Emergency Physicians, 2012 ACEP Research Forum.