One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- The CIHI Data Quality Framework, 2009.CIHI, Ottawa, Ont.2009
- Early goal-directed therapy in the treatment of severe sepsis and septic shock.NEJM. 2001; 345: 1368-1377
- The effect of a quantitative resuscitation strategy on mortality in patients with sepsis: a meta-analysis.Crit Care Med. 2008; 36: 2734-2739
- A randomized trial of protocol-based care for early septic shock.NEJM. 2014; 370: 1683-1693https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1401602
- Goal-directed resuscitation for patients with early septic shock.NEJM. 2014; 371: 1496-1506https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1404380
- Trial of early, goal-directed resuscitation for septic shock.NEJM. 2015; 372: 1301-1311https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1500896
- Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians Sepsis Guidelines: the optimal management of severe sepsis in Canadian emergency departments.Can J Emerg Med. 2008; 10: 443-459
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign: international guidelines for management of severe sepsis and septic shock, 2012.Crit Care Med. 2013; 41: 580-637
- Use of goal-directed therapy for severe sepsis and septic shock in academic emergency departments.Crit Care Med. 2005; 33: 1888-1898
- Effect of an emergency department sepsis protocol on time to antibiotics in severe sepsis.Can J Emerg Med. 2010; 12: 303-310
- Effect of an emergency department sepsis protocol on the care of septic patients admitted to the intensive care unit.Can J Emerg Med. 2010; 12: 414-420
- Harmonizing international trials of early goal-directed resuscitation for severe sepsis and septic shock: methodology of ProCESS, ARISE, and ProMISE.Intensive Care Med. 2013; 39: 1760-1775
- Critically appraising noninferiority randomized controlled trials: a primer for emergency physicians.Can J Emerg Med. 2015; 17: 231-236
- SSC Six-Hour Bundle Revised.(Accessed online July 4, 2015 at)
- Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians sepsis treatment checklist: optimizing sepsis care in emergency departments.Can J Emerg Med. 2012; 14: 36-39
- Lactate clearance vs central venous oxygen saturation as goals of early sepsis therapy: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2010; 303: 739-746
- Lower versus higher hemoglobin threshold for transfusion in septic shock.NEJM. 2014; 371: 1381-1391https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1406617
- A systematic review of extravasation and local tissue injury from administration of vasopressors through peripheral intravenous catheters and central venous catheters.J Crit Care. 2015; 30: 653.e9-653.e17
☆Financial support: This research received no specific grant from any funding agency, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
☆☆Conflict of interest: None.