One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- The clinical pharmacist in emergency medicine.Am J Hosp Pharm. 1977; 34: 843-846
- Effect of clinical pharmacists on care in the emergency department: a systematic review.Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2009; 66: 1353-1361
- ASHP statement on pharmacy services to the emergency department.Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2008; 65: 2380-2383
- The future of emergency care in the United States. National Academy of Sciences;.2006 ([Available at: http://www.iom.edu/CMS/3809/16107/35007.aspx (accessed August 8, 2014)])
- Emergency department summary tables.2010 ([Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/ahcd/nhamcs_emergency/2010_ed_web_tables.pdf (accessed September 2, 2014)])
- On-site pharmacists in the ED improve medical errors.Am J Emerg Med. 2012; 30: 717-725
- Effectiveness of pharmacist dosing adjustment for critically ill patients receiving continuous renal replacement therapy: a comparative study.Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2014; 10: 405-412
- Impact of pharmacist antimicrobial dosing adjustments in septic patients on continuous renal replacement therapy in an intensive care unit.Scand J Infect Dis. 2013; 45: 891-899
- A prospective observational study of medication errors in a tertiary care emergency department.Ann Emerg Med. 2010; 55: 522-526
- A prospective, multicenter study of pharmacist activities resulting in medication error interception in the emergency department.Ann Emerg Med. 2012; 59: 369-373
- Clinical practice guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of America for the treatment of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in adults and children.Clin Infect Dis. 2011; 52: e18-e55
- Emergency department vancomycin use: dosing practices and associated outcomes.J Emerg Med. 2013; 44: 910-918
- The impact of emergency department crowding measures on time to antibiotics for patients with community-acquired pneumonia.Ann Emerg Med. 2007; 50: 510-516
- Effect of emergency department crowding on time to antibiotics in patients admitted with community-acquired pneumonia.Ann Emerg Med. 2007; 50 (509.e1): 501-509
- Analysis of risk factors for adverse drug events in critically ill patients.Crit Care Med. 2012; 40: 823-828
☆The authors report no conflicts of interest in this study.
☆☆KD conceived the study, designed the trial, and obtained the data. SW managed the data, provided statistical advice, and analyzed the data. KD, SR, PS, AE, and SW provided oversight to the study design and data collection and drafted the manuscript. All authors contributed substantially to its revision. KD takes responsibility for the manuscript as a whole.