One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Educational initiative on critical bleeding in trauma: Chicago, July 11–13, 2008.J Trauma. 2010; 68: 225-230
- Epidemiology of trauma death: a reassessment.J Trauma. 1995; 38: 185-193
- Defining when to initiate MT: a validation study of individual MT triggers in PROMMTT patients.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2013; 74: 59-68
- The prospective, observational, multicenter, major trauma transfusion (PROMMTT) study: comparative effectiveness of a time-varying treatment with competing risks.JAMA Surg. 2013; 148: 127-136
- The status of MT protocols in United States trauma centers: MT or massive confusion?.Transfusion. 2010; 50: 1545-1551
- Predicting on-going hemorrhage and transfusion requirement after severe trauma: a validation of six scoring systems and algorithms on the TraumaRegister DGU®.Crit Care. 2012; 16: R129
- Detection of acute traumatic coagulopathy and MT requirements by means of rotational thromboelastometry: an international prospective validation study.Crit Care. 2015; 19: 97
- Predicting the need for MT in trauma patients: the traumatic bleeding severity score.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2014; 76: 1243-1250
- Trauma associated severe hemorrhage (TASH)-score: probability of mass transfusion as surrogate for life threatening hemorrhage after multiple trauma.J Trauma. 2006; 60: 1228-1237
- Understanding diagnostic tests 3: receiver operating characteristic curves.Acta Paediatr. 2007; 96: 644-647
- The coagulopathy of trauma: a review of mechanisms.J Trauma. 2008; 65: 748-754
- Increase in activated protein C mediates acute traumatic coagulopathy in mice.Shock. 2009; 32: 659-665
- Definition and drivers of acute traumatic coagulopathy: clinical and experimental investigations.J Thromb Haemost. 2010; 8: 1919-1925
- Increased plasma and platelet to red blood cell ratios improves outcome in 466 massively transfused civilian trauma patients.Ann Surg. 2008; 248: 447-458
- An FFP:PRBC transfusion ratio > =1:1.5 is associated with a lower risk of mortality after MT.J Trauma. 2008; 65: 986-993
- Early prediction of MT in trauma: simple as ABC (assessment of blood consumption)?.J Trauma. 2009; 66: 346-352
- Prospective identification of patients at risk for MT: an imprecise endeavor.Am Surg. 2011; 77: 155-161
- Association of shock, coagulopathy, and initial vital signs with MT in combat casualties.J Trauma. 2010; 69: S26-S32
- Red blood cell transfusion: a clinical practice guideline from the AABB.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 157: 49-58
- Platelet transfusion: a clinical practice guideline from the AABB.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 162: 205-213
☆Source of support: This work received no financial support.
☆☆Conflicts of interest: All authors report no conflicts of interest.
★Previous presentations: No