One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Spontaneous pneumothorax in the apparently healthy.Acta Med Scand. 1932; 43: 1-159
- Resection of pulmonary blebs and pleurodesis for spontaneous pneumothorax.Chest. 1993; 104: 1767-1769
- Computerd tomography in the aetiological assessment of idiopathic spontaneous pneumothorax.Chest. 1990; 98: 341-347
- Influence of weather conditions on the onset of primary spontaneous pneumothorax: positive association with decrease in atmospheric pressure.Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2013; 19: 212-215
- Analysis of spontaneous pneumothorax in the city of Cuneo: environmental correlations with meteorological and air pollutant variables.Surg Today. 2015; 45: 625-629
- And the AACP Pneumothorax Consensus Group. Management of spontaneous pneumothorax and American College of Chest Physicians Delphi consensus statement.Chest. 2001; 119: 590-602
- on behalf of the BTS Pleural Disease Guideline Group. Management of spontaneous pneumothorax: British Thoracic Society pleural disease guideline 2010, Thorax.. 2010; 65: ii1831
- Spontaneous pneumothorax: comparison of thoracic drainage vs immediate or delay needle aspiration.Chest. 1995; 108: 335-340
- YC Lee, Charles HM, et al. Spontaneous pneumothorax: time to rethink management?.Lancet Respir Med. 2015; 3: 578-588
- Angiosacroma presenting with spontaneous hydropneumothorax: report of a case and review of the literature.Open Respir Med J. 2014; 8: 48-54
- Pulmonary sarcoidosis: presentation as bilateral spontaneous hydropneumothorax and pulmonary infilitrates.South Med J. 2000; 93: 494-496
- Left sided hydropneumothorax in a young male: importance of clinical and radiological markers in arriving at an aetiological diagnosis.Malays Fam Physician. 2009; 4: 41-43
- General thoracic surgery.0781779820 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009
- Physiology and pathophysiology of pleural fluid turnover.Eur Respir J. 1997; 10: 219-225
- Shorter symptoms onset to emergency department presentation time predicts failure of needle aspiration in primary spontaneous pneumothorax.Hong Kong J Emerg Med. 2014; 21: 16-22
- British Thoracic Society guidelines for the management of spontaneous pneumothorax: do we comply with them and do they work?.J Accid Emerg Med. 1998; 15: 317-321
- Results of simple aspiration of pneumothoraces.Br J Dis Chest. 1985; 79: 177-182
- Management of spontaneous pneumothorax: are British Thoracic Society guidelines being followed?.Postgrad Med J. 2002; 78: 80-84
- Simple aspiration as initial treatment for primary spontaneous pneumothorax: result of 91 consecutive case.J Emerg Med. 2005; 28: 133-138
- Manual aspiration versus chest tube drainage in first episode primary spontaneous pneumothorax.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2002; 165: 1240-1244
- Primary spontaneous pneumothorax: 1 year recurrence rate after simple aspiration.Eur J Emerg Med. 2006; 13: 88-91
- Simple aspiration versus chest tube insertion in the management of primary spontaneous pneumothorax: a systematic review.Respir Med. 2004; 98: 579-590
- Simple aspiration versus intercostaltube drainage for spontaneous pneumothorax in patients with healthy lungs.Br Med J. 1994; 309: 1338-1339
- Management of emergency department patients with primary spontaneous pneumothorax: needle aspiration or tube thoracostomy.Ann Emerg Med. 2008; 51: 91-100
- Life threatening haemorrhage after anterior needle aspiration of pneumothoraces. A role for lateral needle aspiration in emergency decompression of spontaneous pneumothorax.Emerg Med J. 2003; 20: 383-384
- Spontaneous pneumothorax: are we treating the x-ray or the patient?.Hong Kong J emerg Med. 2015; 22: 135-136
- How accurate is the light index for estimating pneumothorax size?.Australas Radiol. 2007; 51: 196-198
☆All authors did not have any personal or financial support or author involvement with organization(s) with financial interest in the subject matter, or any conflict of interest.
☆☆The study was conducted in Department of Accident and Emergency Medicine, Tuen Mun Hospital, HKSAR.