One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae antimicrobial susceptibility surveillance — the gonococcal isolate surveillance project, 27 sites, United States, 2014.Surveillance Summaries. July 15, 2016; 65: 1-19
- Asymptomatic gonorrhea in men — diagnosis, natural course, prevalence and significance.N Engl J Med. 1974; 290: 117-123
- Clinical management of chlamydia and gonorrhea infection in a county teaching emergency department—concerns in overtreatment, undertreatment, and follow-up treatment success.J Emerg Med. 2003 Jul; 25: 7-11
- Antibiotic-resistant gonorrhea basic information. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Website, March 28, 2018(Updated March 28, 2018. Accessed July 13, 2018)
- Behavioral contributions to acquisition of gonorrhea in patients attending an inner city sexually transmitted disease clinic.J Infect Dis. 1990 May; 161: 938-941
- Gonorrhea prevalence and coinfection with chlamydia in women in the United States, 2000.Sex Transm Dis. 2003 May; 30: 472-476
- Gonococcal infections. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Website, June 4, 2015(Updated July 27, 2016. Accessed July 13, 2018)
- Chlamydial infections. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Website, June 4, 2016(Updated June 4, 2015. Accessed August 25, 2017)
- STDs in men who have sex with men. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Website, November 17, 2015(Updated June 4, 2015. Accessed August 25, 2016)
- Chlamydia and gonorrhea screening in United States emergency departments.J Emerg Med. 2013 Feb; 44: 558-567
- BD ProbeTec ET Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae amplified DNA assays [Package Insert]. Becton, Dickson, and Company, Sparks, MD2015
- USPSTF: screening for chlamydia and gonorrhea.Ann Intern Med. 2014; 161: 902-910
- Positive screening tests for gonorrhea and chlamydial infection fail to lead consistently to treatment of patients attending a sexually transmitted disease clinic.Sex Transm Dis. 1997 Apr; 24: 181-184
- Variation in hospital admission rates between a tertiary care and two freestanding emergency departments.Am J Emerg Med. 2017 Oct; 29
- The impact of two freestanding emergency departments on a tertiary care center.J Emerg Med. 2012 Dec; 43: 1127-1131
☆Declaration of interest: none.