- •Treadmill injuries in children may results in serious injuries requiring surgical interventions.
- •Almost all home treadmill injuries occur in children younger than 16 years (eligibility age for a gym membership).
- •Peri and post COVID-19 era will result in a substantial increase in home gym equipment purchases.
- •Disseminating these data is key for injury prevention.
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- More people setting up home gyms with gyms closed amid coronavirus pandemic.San Antonio Express News. April 14, 2020https://www.expressnews.com/lifestyle/health-family/article/More-people-setting-up-home-gyms-with-gyms-closed-15200086.php
- Fitness equipment sales grow by 170% during coronavirus lockdown.Research and Markets. 2020www.researchandmarkets.com/issues/fitness-equipment-grows-170pct?utm_source=dynamic&utm_medium=BW&utm_code=m6djfc&utm_campaign=1386770+-+Fitness+Equipment+Sales+Grow+by+170%25+During+Coronavirus+Lockdown&utm_exec=joca220bwd
- Treadmill injuries send thousands to the ER every year.USA Today. May 4, 2015www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/05/04/treadmill-emergency-room-injuries-exercise-equipment/26898487/
- Treadmill associated head injuries on the rise: an 18 year review of U.S. emergency room visits.Brain Inj. 2018; 32: 800-803
- Treadmill injuries in the pediatric population.J Surg Res. 2011; 170: 139-142
- Standard specification for motorized treadmills.in: Vol book of standards 15.07. ASTMA International, 2018
- Home treadmill injuries in infants and children aged to 5 years: a review of consumer product safety commission data and an illustrative report of case.J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2004; 104: 372-376
- Exercise treadmills: a cause of significant hand burns in young children.J Burn Care Res. 2017; 38: 215-219
- An introduction to natural language processing: how you can get more from those electronic notes you are generating.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2015; 31: 536-541
- Magnet-related injury rates in children: a single hospital experience.J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2013; 57: 14-17
- Glass thermometer injuries: it is not just about the mercury.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2009; 25: 645-647
- Holiday ornament-related injuries in children.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2009; 25: 819-822
- Glass table-related injuries in children.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2009; 25: 145-149
- Mastering regular expressions.3rd ed. O’Reilly, Sebastapol, Calif.2006
- Published Document Review Tools.(Accessed 06.15.2020)https://documentreviewtools.com/Date: 2020
- Pediatric hand treadmill injuries.J Craniofac Surg. 2003; 14 ([discussion 491-482]): 487-490
- Burning more than calories: treadmill friction injuries in children.Ir Med J. 2009; 102: 320-323
- Pediatric hand friction burns from treadmill contact.Hand (N Y). 2007; 2: 188-193
- Pediatric hand injury induced by treadmill.Burns. 2005; 31: 906-909
- Management of treadmill hand injuries using soft tissue distraction.Trauma Mon. 2012; 17: 250-254