One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Acute metabolic complications in diabetes.in: National Diabetes Data Group. Diabetes in America. National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bethesda (Md)1995: 283-291
- Hyperglycemic crises in diabetes. Position statement of the American Diabetes Association.Diabetes Care. 2004; 27: S94-S102
- Hyperglycemic crises in diabetes. A consensus statement from the American Diabetes Association.Diabetes Care. 2006; 29: 2739-2748
- Hyperglycemic crises in diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2009; 32: 1335-1343
- Diabetic ketoacidosis in infants, children, and adolescents; a consensus statement from the American Diabetes Association.Diabetes Care. 2006; 29: 1150-1159
- Rapid saline infusion produces hyperchloremic acidosis in patients undergoing gynecologic surgery.Anesthesiology. 1999; 90: 1265-1270
- Normal saline versus lactated Ringer's solution for intraoperative fluid management in patients undergoing abdominal aortic aneurysm repair and outcome study.Anesth Analg. 2001; 93: 817-822
- Cause of metabolic acidosis in prolonged surgery.Crit Care Med. 1999; 27: 2142-2146
- Comparison between normal saline and a polyelectrolyte solution for fluid resuscitation in severely dehydrated infants with acute diarrhea.Ann Trop Paediatr. 2005; 25: 253-260
- Chasing the base deficit: hyperchloraemic acidosis following 0.9% saline fluid resuscitation.Arch Dis Child. 2000; 83: 514-516
- Hyperchloremic acidosis during the recovery phase of diabetic ketosis.Ann Int Med. 1978; 89: 925-927
- The mechanism of hyperchloremic acidosis during the recovery phase of diabetic ketoacidosis.Diabetes. 1981; 30: 310-313
- Plasma acid-base patterns in diabetic ketoacidosis.NEJM. 1982; 307: 1603-1610
- Crystalloid strong ion difference determines metabolic acid-base change during acute normovolaemic haemodilution.Intensive Care Med. 2004; 30: 1432-1437
- Clinical assessment of acid-base status: comparison of the Henderson-Hasselbach and strong ion approaches.Am Soc Vet Clin Path. 2000; 29: 115-128
- Stewart and beyond: new models of acid-base balance.Kidney International. 2003; 64: 777-787
- Fluid resuscitation and hyperchloremic acidosis in experimental sepsis: improved short-term survival and acid-base balance with Hextend compared with saline.Crit Care Med. 2002; 30: 300-305
- Hyperchloremic acidosis increases circulating inflammatory molecules in experimental sepsis.Chest. 2006; 130: 962-967
- The effects of balanced versus saline-based hetastarch and crystalloid solutions on acid-base and electrolyte status and gastric mucosal perfusion in elderly surgical patients.Anesth Analg. 2001; 93: 811-816
- Intrarenal vasoconstriction during hyperchloremia; role of thromboxane.Am J Physiol. 1989; 256: 152-157
- ISPAD clinical practice guidelines 2009 compendium; diabetic ketoacidosis in children and adolescents with diabetes.Pediatric Diabetes. 2009; 10: 118-133
☆Presented at the Society of Academic Emergency Medicine Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, May 2009.
☆☆Awarded the “Best Young Investigator Presentation” for the 2009 Society of Academic Emergency Medicine Annual Meeting.